Import feature hanging on both stable release and on beta 5

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
brandonhatfield
Inductee
Inductee

Import feature hanging on both stable release and on beta 5

Post by brandonhatfield »

I'm a PC user recently switched (back) to Mac, and formerly a user of Game Collector. I was using DL2 briefly until I determined that many of the features I had grown accustomed to seeing aren't present in DL2, and basically, I wasted my money. Nonetheless, I purchased an upgrade key for Gamepedia only to run into hurdles when importing my collection. Gamepedia 5.0.2 and beta 5.0.5 both hang and crash when attempting to import either DL2 library information or XML format information from my GC backup. I am going to be really pretty disappointed and annoyed if i will have to rebuild my entire game collection from scratch.

Thank You,

Brandon
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Import feature hanging on both stable release and on bet

Post by Nora »

Could you please send me the crash report for Gamepedia? You'll find it in your Home folder under ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/Gamepedia.crash.log. If you're on Lion, it hides the Library folder by default but you can use the Finder's 'Go' menu, select 'Go to Folder' and type ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter into the window that appears.

Also, please check your console log for are any messages from Gamepedia. You can access the console log via the application 'Console', located inside your Applications/Utilities. The newer messages are towards the end of the log.

Lastly, send me your database file for DL2 (if it's not too large) so I can try the import out here and hopefully figure out what's causing the problem. You'll find our email on the Support page.