PocketPedia Sync

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
doxie
Inductee
Inductee

PocketPedia Sync

Post by doxie »

Hi,

After updating to latest DVDPedia rev, now every Sync with PocketPedia synchs the ENTIRE library each time... details & images... rather than just updating latest additions to DVDPedia.

Takes 8~10 minutes to synch, which is a pain.
Nora
Site Admin

Re: PocketPedia Sync

Post by Nora »

We haven't been able to repeat that problem here but please download DVDpedia beta 28 and see if that fixes the problem.
hellonearth
Contributor
Contributor

Post by hellonearth »

Hello :) ,
Same problem here with 5.0.3 bought on App store, with my brand new iPhone 4S i tried to sync >> i have a message telling me to allow the sync on the mac >> I authorise >> it sync with pocketpedia. fine. then i add 3 new BluRay. OK . i open pocketpedia, hit the sync button >> it ask again for the authorisation on the mac, like if it still the first time... okay i authorise again >> it sync ALL again, not only the 3 last add.
Then after an hour i want add 2 more films and delete one. i do that on my Mac, then i open pocketpedia >> hit the sync button >> again same message about authorising the iphone >> OK >> all over again (i have 1100 entries with covers)
I want to know if the beta you provide can be install over the "official" app purchased from the appstore ? will it cause problem if an update appear on the appstore?
Thank you for the only app easy to use (and i have tried several) :)
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

You can still run the beta even though you purchased the program via the App Store. The program will recognize your receipt and let you use the beta as a full version. Please do let us know if that makes a difference with the sync.
SuperTricolor
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by SuperTricolor »

doxie wrote:Hi,

After updating to latest DVDPedia rev, now every Sync with PocketPedia synchs the ENTIRE library each time... details & images... rather than just updating latest additions to DVDPedia.

Takes 8~10 minutes to synch, which is a pain.
I haven't updated to 5 yet because I don't know if the Sync with PocketPedia 2 will work, will it?
But in my last sync I have noticed that all the entries are being copied as you described and what is worse is no matter what I do the last few entries in my DVD collection are not synced.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

@SuperTricolor - we haven't touched the sync feature in 4.6.8 in about a year so I honestly don't know why the sync suddenly wouldn't work for you as it did previously. Version 5 syncs with Pocketpedia.
hellonearth
Contributor
Contributor

Post by hellonearth »

Thx Nora :D the beta did the trick for me!
as far as i can tell, i did had another BRay on the mac, then on the iPhone i opened pocketpedia, hit the Sync button and voila! no more "allow" each time, no more complete sync with my 1100 entries. i have try 5 minutes later to be sure by changing some movies from 2 stars to 5... sync is OK for me ;)
Merci merci Nora

PS: i dream about a brand new pocket pedia version on iPhone ;)
sitenoise
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sitenoise »

This happens to me as well. I let it go the first couple times thinking it was because I joined the beta program or something. I just Downloaded 5.0.6 Beta 28 and when I try to sync it gets to "Requesting Details 1... of 5768" and I cancel.

It's not that big a deal to me to let it take a very long time to sync, but it shouldn't really be this way. What to do?
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

i dream about a brand new pocket pedia version on iPhone
It's in beta testing right now.

@sitenoise - which version of Pocketpedia do you have?
hellonearth
Contributor
Contributor

Post by hellonearth »

Nora, if you need a beta testeur for PocketPedia 3, i'm in ! also for help in french translation LOL :D :lol:
;)
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Thanks for the offer to help us test. Unfortunately Apple limits the numbers of beta testers we can add and we've reached that limit already. :( Once the app is released we'd be grateful if you will send us any errors/missing strings you might find in the French version!
sitenoise
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sitenoise »

Nora wrote: @sitenoise - which version of Pocketpedia do you have?
I DL'd the beta you just posted and it still does it.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the update. The next version is almost ready and then you will be able to upgrade to a fully supported version, sorry for the wait. If you like to downgrade to a previous version as a trial you can do so from these links: 5.0.1, 5.0.2 and 5.0.3.