Import Playlist from iTunes

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
wkrust

Import Playlist from iTunes

Post by wkrust »

Since a few days, CDPedia does not recognize new iTunes playlists. So I can't import them anymore.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Import Playlist from iTunes

Post by Conor »

With the latest iTunes 10.6 on 10.7.3 I have no issues importing playlists via the "Import Playlist..." command, but I'll try some other tests on other systems. Thank you for the bug report.
wkrust

Post by wkrust »

I can give you some more informations.

I use iTune 10.6.(40) 64 Bit, last change of the program file of iTunes was March, 7.

I have a lot of intelligent playlists. Since March 3, the import from iTunes does not import any of the iTunes titels,
I bought since this day. I bought two Titels march 2, which can be importet.

Also, the import window of CDpedia does only show the intelligent playlists, I defined before March, 3.
All the playlists, I defined later, are not shown in the import window.

It looks for me, that I do not get the real data from iTunes, but data from some cash?!?

Thanks
wolfgang
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for all the information, even adding new entries and doing new purchases with the new iTunes I am unable to repeat the issue. Could it be that you moved your iTunes files folder recently to a new location and left an older copy in the previous location that CDpedia is reading. Also the ordering reflects the order in iTunes, so using the keyboard to jump to a letter is not as useful since they are not alphabetical, do scroll around.

The file used by CDpedia is "iTunes Music Library.xml" that is located in the folder that iTunes stores all it's music. If you don't mind could you send me that actual iTunes information file so that I can use it for testing. You will find the file in your music folder under Music/iTunes/iTunes Music Library.xml. Select the file and user File->Compress menu command to create a .zip version that you should be able to attach to an email (8,000 tracks should be only about 1 megabyte file when compressed). Do let me know the name of the new smart collections I should be looking for in testing. Also check the modification date on that file is should be the same as the last time you made a change to an iTunes playlist.
wkrust

Post by wkrust »

Thank you very much,
you gave me the right idea. CDPedia found a different xml file.
I deleted all of them, which I found in my different libraries.
Than I opend "Import list from iTunes", because the programm didn't find anyone in this dialog I opend the right xml file.

The I got the actual list of my iTunes lists.

Thank you very much for your help.

Wolfgang Krust :D
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Excellent. :)