Pocket Pedia 3 squeezes covers

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
grasstust
Captain
Captain

Pocket Pedia 3 squeezes covers

Post by grasstust »

Both the iPad (Retina) version and iPhone version squeeze the covers a little too much vertikallinje.
It's not imidiately noticable, but I guess about 5% off.

On the iPAD if you click the cover to bring it up to full size, the scale is right again.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Pocket Pedia 3 squeezes covers

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the feedback, I have adjusted the dimensions on the iPad of the cover area by 4 extra height pixels to better fit the average size of a cover. I have also reduced the acceptable distortion that the iPad will allow on the cover by half, it used to be 8%. This value came from the iPhone version were I have left it intact as the average cover requires a distortion of 5% to 7% to fit into the 1.3 aspect ratio of the iPhone screen (the area left over after the toolbar and status bar, the full screen of the iPhone has a 1.5 ratio). It's actually quite nice when the cover almost fits that it actually cover the entire screen then leaving a few blank pixels on either side. But you're absolutely correct that this was not necessary on the iPad and it was a carry over from the iPhone. So look for that in the next version.