Accented characters (importing from DL)

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
cortig
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Accented characters (importing from DL)

Post by cortig »

Hi All,

I noticed what I believe to be a bug while importing from Delicious Library to DVDPedia.
I have a lot of DVDs in French, and for some of them, the import in DVDPedia displays encoding errors for accented characters.
e.g.:
Après le triomphe de L'Auberge espagnole, Cédric Klapisch a choisi de s'essayer à un genre très codifié du film noir.
instead of:
Après le triomphe de L'Auberge espagnole, Cédric Klapisch a choisi de s'essayer à un genre très codifié du film noir.

I'll live with it (I made far too many modifications to want to trash it all and reimport at some future time now), but I thought I had to report the issue :)

Corentin
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Accented characters (importing from DL)

Post by Nora »

Thanks for letting us know. Download beta 33 of DVDpedia and you'll find the problem fixed.
cortig
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by cortig »

Thanks a million.
I tested it and unfortunately it didn’t work :(
é is still showing up as À© upon import from Delicious Library for instance (where it properly shows up as é).
All accented characters are still messed up…

Would you need me to upload a DL Library somewhere for you to test with?? (though mine is a bit large…).

Corentin
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Unfortunately, DL makes the cover images part of their database file making the file quite large to send or to handle in anyway that would be practical. Thank you for beta testing that. Sadly I can't repeat it, using your text in title and comments and summary "Après le triomphe de L'Auberge espagnole, Cédric Klapisch a choisi de s'essayer à un genre très codifié du film noir", comes across perfectly in the import. I tired a few extra such as illustrator and genre and those also work. Since you have already made modifications and won't be importing it again I'll put it on the known bug list and wait to see if it crops up again for another user. Thank you.