Custom Search

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
Franco
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Custom Search

Post by Franco »

I stopped using DVDPedia with the update to 5.0 because of the lack of custom search to add an entry.
Now, with the new PocketPedia (bought this morning, thanks :-) I want to give it a second try.

To add knew movie, I really need the custom search which I can't find in 5.0
I thing I've read somewhere I could get it again but I don't remember how.

Does anyone knows how-to get the custom search window ?
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Custom Search

Post by Nora »

I'm sorry but I don't quite understand what you mean by 'custom search window'. Are you referring to the search sites and how to choose which one to use? If so, start by going into the Preferences/Sites and select those sites you want to use and drag them into the order you'd like the program to go through them when using the 'All' search (what used to be called 'Cascade' search in version 4.x).

Now when you open the Search window (by clicking on the plus button in the toolbar) you can click the little magnifying glass in the search field and select the site you want to search or set it to All to have the program cycle through your selected sites until it finds a match to your search term.
Franco
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Franco »

Thank you for answering

English not being my first language sometime I just miss :-)

In the Search Window, there is
"Limit to"
and the option are
- None
- Title only
- Director
- Actor

I can't find it anymore
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Those limiters appear only when they are applicable, i.e. when the site that is selected actually offers any limiter options. If you have your search set to 'All' then the limiter options disappear since each site is different.

Click on the little magnifying glass in the search field to select a site to search and see what limiters are available.

Franco
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Franco »

So simple, i don't know how I could miss it.

Thank you

Back on DVDPedia :-)