Cover photos, Posters photos, DVD jackets etc

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
timfreitas

Cover photos, Posters photos, DVD jackets etc

Post by timfreitas »

I request that we be able to put more that one artwork cover per movie, similar to iTunes. This would allow us to choose/change which one we might like to see.
Another example would be we could have a movie poster and the original DVD jacket. Let's say you have a feature in DVDpedia that would allow you to switch between Posters and DVD covers. The real question is how many photos do you allow? The answer is I don't know but I do know that one is very restrictive.

Thanks
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Cover photos, Posters photos, DVD jackets etc

Post by Nora »

Thanks for the feedback, it's on our to do list for the future.
caliban10

Post by caliban10 »

Yes, I'd like to add a vote for multiple images in CDPedia (so naturally could be added to all pedias): front cover, back, liner notes, lyrics, etc.
rcrawley
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rcrawley »

Just adding my vote for this request. It would be extremely helpful for vinyl entries; I have multiple versions of the same album -- black vinyl, colored vinyl, picture disc, etc -- and it would be awesome to add pics of the vinyl along with the jacket. Support in Pocketpedia would also be ideal for when I'm out shopping.

Any update on when we may see this feature? :)

Keep up the great work! This is hands-down my most frequently used app. It's invaluable.

-r
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you. Do link all your image files to the entries for now as it's likely we would integrate this feature with the regular linking that already allows images and will display them when pressing the links toolbar button. There is no ETA on it, as we been busy at work on other features.

Some users have gone further and have them display in the details view automatically along with all the other information. This post is also in similar vain with actor head shots in case you are interested in doing some light HTML programming to get those extra images shown.
rcrawley
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rcrawley »

Thanks for the pointer to Links; I hadn't seen those before, and they do a great job of adding the images to each entry. The pointers to writing my own code to display the links in the details box was a bit over my head, but I'll gladly take this step until you guys have an official update.

Thanks again!

-rcrawley