Search and replace links

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
perdox
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Search and replace links

Post by perdox »

Hello everyone.

I have moved my movie files (VIDEO_TS folders) around on my drives. I would like a quick way to remove all the links in DVDpedia so that I can start afresh.

I have read this post: http://bruji.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f= ... ace#p17084 but I don't know what to do in terms of the syntax.

Can someone please help me out with this in a step by step manner? I'd greatly appreciate it.

To the developers: PLEASE give us an easy method for searching and replacing the database. There must be an easier way than what the above topic discusses for searching and replacing a word. Many other users seem to want the same thing. Pretty please? :)
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Search and replace links

Post by Conor »

I have created a special plugin that will remove all the links for the current selection of items. Download the remove links plugin from the following link and drag over DVDpedia icon on the Dock (you can double click it if you have no other Pedia installed). Restart DVDpedia and there will be a new menu command under Movie -> Plugins -> Remove All Links. Select the movies were you would like to remove the links and use the command.

Thank you for the feedback, find and replace functionality is on our to do list.
perdox
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by perdox »

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I'll give this a go.

Thanks again.
perdox
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by perdox »

Just tried this. Works like a charm! You have saved me hours of work.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Happy to know I helped.