CDpedia problem?

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
Iconoclast
Contributor
Contributor

CDpedia problem?

Post by Iconoclast »

Hi,

I had a problem and I was wondering if someone could help me. I am using 4.6.4 and am no longer able to get results from Discogs, which is the site that I've always found has the best results. Any help in resolving this is greatly appreciated! :D
Nora
Site Admin

Re: CDpedia problem?

Post by Nora »

Download CDpedia 4.6.8 (the last version of CDpedia 4) and see if that makes a difference.
Iconoclast
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Iconoclast »

Thank you for the quick reply! Yes that worked! I guess I should have made sure I had the most up to date version for v4 first. Now I'm noticing though that for CDs that have multiple version I'm only getting one option. Any ideas?
Iconoclast
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Iconoclast »

Hi,

I am still having problems with the discos search. For example, when I wanted to add The Industrialist by Fear Factory, that particular album didn't come up, despite discos listing 8 versions of it on their site. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

What are your settings for the Discogs search? Select Discogs from under the magnifying glass and then set the limit to "title" and the media to "releases". Searching for "The Industrialist" I get 8 results that are the album and then 4 more that are other albums. If that not the case please let me know more details.
Iconoclast
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Iconoclast »

Hi,

Thank you for the quick response. I think I'm a little lost with the magnifying glass though, I just click on the + in the top left , select discogs, limit to, but then I don't have a media option. Where can I find the magnifying glass, or what else could i try?

Thanks!
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

My fault, it's not called media but "Search for:" it almost touching the "limit to:" option you set to title. If you can see these options then you have used the magnifying glass to select Discogs, it would be inside the actual search field on the left side.