Please, add ISBNDB.com source...

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
Hileotech

Please, add ISBNDB.com source...

Post by Hileotech »

As in title: please, please, please... I'm looking for keeping in my pocket all my books, and most of them are simply not available through "normal" search sources... I would really be glad to see the possibility to search through ISBNdB.com

Thanks, Thanks, Thanks!!!! :mrgreen:
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Please, add ISBNDB.com source...

Post by Conor »

We have looked at the ISBNdb in the past and we never found the database adequate enough. There is a plugin for the site that we started when testing but never published due to the inconsistent results. If you wish you can install the plugin (download, unzip and double click) as well as download the source code for Xcode to make modifications.

If you do install the plugin be sure to visit the Preferences in Bookpedia and double click on the gear icon next to the ISBNdb plugin under the "Sites" tab. This will show you a window were you can enter your own API key as given in your ISBNdb account. Although we do include our own sample key, the daily limit is quite small and you may find yourself not being able to download data if others are also using the sample key.