Mymovies.it support request

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
samu-mac
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Mymovies.it support request

Post by samu-mac »

Hello Folks.

I know there are already some IT database supporting websites but actually they work pretty bad. Either for infos but especially for the image.

Mymovies.it is probably the BEST italian database so far. lot of informations and perfect HQ image for each film.

I know this is not a crucial issue but would be great having this website supported in DVDpedia.

Thanks in advance.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Mymovies.it support request

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the tip about the good Italian covers. I shall put it on the list to work on when I get through all the bigger features currently on the to do list.
Rigido
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Rigido »

Conor if you didn't start to look at this, and if last XCode update didn't break my "template", I could give it a try...

Ciao Samu,
Mymovies era proprio uno dei siti su cui avrei buttato presto un occhio.
Dici che i plugin per i siti italiani "work pretty bad", ti riferisci solo alle immagini?
Io ne ho fatti un paio di questi (forse Conor ne ha mantenuto solo uno nella distribuzione ufficiale), se mi dai qualche informazione in più vedo cosa posso fare.

Ciao.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

I have not yet looked at it. So do give your template a try if your up for the challenge. With version 5.1 of Xcode the "garbage collection" has been removed, so you would need to use version 5.0.2 of Xcode to make it compatible with the current DVDpedia version. I do have a memory managed version of DVDpedia but it's a huge change that needs a lot more work as well as updating of the minimal requirements, so will be a while before that version is out.
samu-mac
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by samu-mac »

Hello Bruji staff,

I'd love to refresh this request because it's actually still a pain for italian users when we retrieve movies info / cover with translated movie name!

I bet with this you make the "boot" quite happy!

Regards

Sam
samu-mac
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by samu-mac »

Any luck for a response? It was an old request :(

Regards

Sam
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the up vote. It's still on the list, but low down as a priority. A while back we switched to only trying to add sites with a computer interface, as otherwise it's not only the work of setting them up but a constant drain of resources to maintain them.

Do try out TMDb in the meantime. Remove your cover and do a new search under the gear button on the bottom right of TMDb, they tend to carry a number of foreign covers for films. It should automatically pick up the cover that your computer country is set to.
samu-mac
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by samu-mac »

Conor wrote:Thank you for the up vote. It's still on the list, but low down as a priority. A while back we switched to only trying to add sites with a computer interface, as otherwise it's not only the work of setting them up but a constant drain of resources to maintain them.

Do try out TMDb in the meantime. Remove your cover and do a new search under the gear button on the bottom right of TMDb, they tend to carry a number of foreign covers for films. It should automatically pick up the cover that your computer country is set to.
OK Conor, thanks as usual for your fast support. I will try it out!

Regards

Sam

Edit: i've tried and here is the issue
samu-mac
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by samu-mac »

Hello, still experciencing issues with TMDB.. not picking correct language cover and other italian websites (such DVDstore and DVDIT) are not complete as Mymovies.it

Could you re-evaluate the support to Mymovies.it? It's the best and most complete italian website for film info\cover.

Thanks
Rigido
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Rigido »

Just writing to Bruji team asking if it possible to develop plugins with brand new OS (El Capitan) and Xcode (7.2).
I would like to update my plugins (DVD Store, DVDweb, Libreria Universitaria e Terminal Video), maybe drop some of them (Terminal Video doesn't have so many info) and have a look at new sites.

I hope I could do something.
samu-mac
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by samu-mac »

Rigido wrote:Just writing to Bruji team asking if it possible to develop plugins with brand new OS (El Capitan) and Xcode (7.2).
I would like to update my plugins (DVD Store, DVDweb, Libreria Universitaria e Terminal Video), maybe drop some of them (Terminal Video doesn't have so many info) and have a look at new sites.

I hope I could do something.

Totally agree! i had issues with the one mentioned (i'm running MAC El Captain).

But also please considere the mymovies support, as topic of this thread, that should be the very best for italian customers.

It's a couple of year or more that i've asked it, is it possible to include in the tasklist for future versions?

Thanks
Rigido
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Rigido »

Working on some updates then I will start with the new plugin...

Ciao.