No preferences ??

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
jeanlyon
Contributor
Contributor

No preferences ??

Post by jeanlyon »

Hi,
Been using all your pedias with no problem for a long time.
Moved to a new iMac running Yosemite. For an unknown reason lost all my databases which I restored from time machine as instructed in your technical support forum. All records are back !
BUT if Bookpedia and CDPedia are working fine I have a strange problem with DVDPedia: cannot open preferences, when choosing preferences in file menu, nothing happens no Preferences window !
I have tried downloading a fresh file from your site no difference ?
Any ideas how to get preferences back ??
Thanks for help
Conor
Top Dog

Re: No preferences ??

Post by Conor »

Thank you for letting me know. I found the issue and it's now fixed. Anybody having the same issue please download the just released version again and replace your DVDpedia via drag and drop of the program.
jeanlyon
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jeanlyon »

This last version seems to have solved my problem
Last problem to solve is AWS ; I used to be able to connect with no problem : I have an access Key and a Secret Key ( stored in 1Password since I started with AWS) but I can find any references to the associate ID, any ideas ?? I just checked and I can connect to my AWS account no problem.
Thank you, great support for a great app !
Keep up the good work.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Glad to hear you saved your AWS information in 1Password. If you don't know your associate ID you can get it by login in at the associate site with your regular Amazon account. Top right to login. Then on the dashboard your associate ID will be on the top left, it's under "Tracking ID".
jeanlyon
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jeanlyon »

Unfortunately I launched DVDPedia this morning trying to fill the Amazon credentials to make it work as before and bad luck: Preferences are gone again !
Clicking on Preferences under DVDPedia menu or using the shortcut doesn't do anything. This weird problem only happens with DVDPedia and never with my other 2 pedias, CD and Books.
Will try the Amazon bit when I can get Preferences back !
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Could have been you still had two versions of the program on your computer. Do delete all the versions and download the latest release. The preference should not disappear once it's working. Do let me know if that happens again in the future after downloading the latest release.
jeanlyon
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jeanlyon »

Thank you Conor, as usual you were 100 % correct, I had previous version hidden deep on HD. Spotlight found it for me.
I am definitely struggling with Amazon, it use to work but I can't make it work again, are all these prefs stored somewhere to retrieve the correct Access Key, Secret Key and Associate ID, tried 100 times with hat I had stored and it doesn't work. If not, I will forget !
Thanks for help and your great pedias. Have posted a positive comment Mac macupdate.
Regards from France
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

The AWS information is stored in your keychain under "was". The associate ID is part of the preference for DVDpedia and would be in ~/Library/Preferences/com.bruji.dvdpedia.plist, but the program should be reading it from there and displaying it in the Amazon settings if available. If you are creating new keys at Amazon, remember to do so with the root user. The new users with permissions that Amazon has do not work with the associate API.
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

Conor wrote:The AWS information is stored in your keychain under "was".
Was that a typo as mine is stored in Keychain under "awskey"
jeanlyon
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jeanlyon »

Mine is stored in awskey
Everything working just as expected.
Thank you Conor and Happy Xmas
Conor
Top Dog