TMDB language recognition

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
samu-mac
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

TMDB language recognition

Post by samu-mac »

Hello,

i am trying to solve the problem of Covers language.
My database is based in italian and i would like to withdraw from sources italian covers.

TMDB offers multiples language, and if i browse a film i can have the italian information, cover included.

Nevertheless, on DVDpedia even if i have the database set in italian the cover downloaded is the english one.
My system language is italian as well, so no way DVDpedia thinks i want the english one :)

here screenshots for the film The Happening (E venne il giorno)

Thanks

Sam
Conor
Top Dog

Re: TMDB language recognition

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the detailed information. TMDb settings should have picked up your computer settings. But you can explicitly set them under the main menu "DVDpedia -> Preferences". Select the "Sites" tab and double click the little gear icon to the right of TMDb. This will bring up the plugin settings, do make sure the country setting is set to "Italia". A restart of DVDpedia is not necessary, but it never hurts. :)
samu-mac
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by samu-mac »

Conor wrote:Thank you for the detailed information. TMDb settings should have picked up your computer settings. But you can explicitly set them under the main menu "DVDpedia -> Preferences". Select the "Sites" tab and double click the little gear icon to the right of TMDb. This will bring up the plugin settings, do make sure the country setting is set to "Italia". A restart of DVDpedia is not necessary, but it never hurts. :)

Hello Conor,

thanks for your quick support.
As you can see from screenshots before importing i already setted by the "gear" the Italian language, you can tell by the flag!

Any clue?

Thanks
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Do please send me a few movies it's not working on, so I can try with your data. As the random movies i have pocked do get me the Italian cover. To send me the details for a movie simply drag them to your desktop, this will create ".dcards" that you can then email to me, and I can use the gear button with your data for those movies.