Pocketpedia does not get CDpedia updates

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
pjcinsyd

Pocketpedia does not get CDpedia updates

Post by pjcinsyd »

Folks,

I have an odd problem. I imported my iTunes items into CDpedia according to the help file and all went well. The CD cover images did not come over. Some did when updating from Doghouse. I began manually updating CDpedia items.

I did several album cover updates last night. I synched Pocketpedia this morning and the covers did not come over. I searched the forum here for solutions. I restarted the Mac and the iPad but saw no change in results. I saw there was an update for Pocketpedia before I restarted and did so but it had no effect.

The iPad and Pocketpedia obviously see my network, connect to CDpedia, etc. but do not get the new/added album covers. Is there something I should be trying?

Paul
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Pocketpedia does not get CDpedia updates

Post by Nora »

Did you try doing a 'clean' sync to Pocketpedia, i.e. hold down the Option key on your keyboard while you tap the Sync button in Pocketpedia? That will tell the program to sync all data including the cover images.

If you keep having trouble with the cover images not updating after that, let us know.
pjcinsyd

Re: Pocketpedia does not get CDpedia updates

Post by pjcinsyd »

Interesting technique... After reading your suggestion I found that tip in the online Help on your site by clicking DVDpedia and then Pocketpedia down the bottom of the left column.(I couldn't find it in the application help for some reason.) I am trying the tip now and it is working well.

Before receiving your suggestion I got a bit impatient and chose the nuclear option. I deleted Pocketpedia and all its data from my iPad and then re-downloaded it for installation. I then ran a sync for each of the programs. It took awhile but all entries have the latest updates. I then made a couple more updates on the Mac, resynced, and the changes came over successfully. Looks like I am good to go. Thanks.

Paul