autocompletion and tags

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
jeroenrevalk

autocompletion and tags

Post by jeroenrevalk »

Hello,
I'm a happy user of CDpedia 5.4. I make a lot of use of tags, mostly to be able to select quickly the records in my collection with this or that musician on it. Clicking on a tag to find the records is a lot quicker than typing a search myself. Of course I still have to type names while adding an entry, but thanks to autocompletion this goes rather quick too.
But since the latest version 5.4 (or maybe even the previous one) I have the impression that the autocompletion function of CDpedia has "forgotten" tags I entered long ago. One of the first tags I entered was for instance "dave holland". But if I make a new entry now and start typing "dave" in the tags-field, CDpedia finds other dave-tags but not this old tag "dave holland". Tags I entered while working in version 5.4, CDpedia finds without a problem.
My question: is it possible that the autocompletion function of CDpedia has "forgotten" older tags? Or is it possible that I maybe accidentally forced CDpedia to forget them?
And related to this: Is it possible to edit the autocompletion-memory of CDpedia in one way or another, e.g. to correct misspellings?
By the way: this autocompletion loss of memory, or what shall I call it, is not restricted to the tag-field, but in the case of e.g. the record label-field or genre-field, it bothers me less.
Thanks for your reply,
Jeroen
Nora
Site Admin

Re: autocompletion and tags

Post by Nora »

The autofill shouldn't forget or delete tags but check in the CDpedia Preferences -> Autofill that your list is still complete. (That's where you can edit the list too, fix existing entries or add new ones.)
You'll find also an option there to "Rebuild" the autofill lists. This will use all the values from the autofill fields that are currently in use in your database and enter them into your autofill lists so if you know that your fields are filled the way you'd like then that's a quick and easy way to bring your autofill up to date.
jeroenrevalk

Re: autocompletion and tags

Post by jeroenrevalk »

Thank you so much, Nora. This is exactly what I've been looking for. I feel a bit stupid not finding it myself :)