Weird full sync each time

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
Midori
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Weird full sync each time

Post by Midori »

Hello,

I've checked, with an OSX 10.9.5 and all pedias in most recent version, and most recent PocketPedia 3 on ios 8.3, each time I launch a sync hoping to add the few new purchases, it makes a full sync (ie 5'839 entries in bookpedia, 475 in gamepedia, ...) which is waaaaaaayyyy too long. What is wrong? How do I deactivate that? I have 2 ipads and 2 iphones to sync, I'm loosing my mind with that...

PS: a weird thing that could be linked: poketpedia is unable to search for / within the series names: I can't ask it to show all Harry Potter volumes for example, only those with "Harry Potter" in the title show, not "Fantastic Beasts and where to find them".

Thank you!

Midori
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Weird full sync each time

Post by Conor »

Hi Midori,

Do check that you have the latest version of Pocketpedia installed, by visiting the App Store update tab. As there was a bug in the previous version that would trigger a full sync. If it continues, do try enabling "Large Covers" in the settings app for Pocketpedia. In the same settings also do check the "Search all" so that series name is included in the search. By default the search is only title and author.

Kind regards,
Conor