iSight is not working anymore

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
PascalB
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

iSight is not working anymore

Post by PascalB »

Hi,

I have checked if this question already exist but except an incompatibility with iGlasses, I haven't found anything about the subject. I am sorry if it has already been discussed.

I can't use anymore my iSight to input CD in CD Pedia with CDPedia 5.40 and Yosemite 10.10.3. I do not know when it appears. When I choose Add (+) an iSight, CDPedia is frozen some minutes.

Could you help ?

Many thanks...
Nora
Site Admin

Re: iSight is not working anymore

Post by Nora »

This is the first we hear of this happening. Could you please send us some more details so we can look into it? If CDpedia keeps hanging for you when you try to use the iSight scan, could you please send me a sample from Activity Monitor? While CDpedia is stuck and unresponsive, run "Activity Monitor" from your Applications/Utilities, select CDpedia from the process list and under the view menu use "Sample Process" (command-option-s). You'll see a button to save the sample file in order to attach it to an email to us. (You'll find our email on the Support page.)

Also, please check your console log for any messages from CDpedia. You can access the console log via the application 'Console', located inside your Applications/Utilities. The newer messages are found towards the end of the log.
PascalB
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by PascalB »

Thank you Nora.

Sorry for this late reply, I will follow your advice tomorrow.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

No problem. Also do try running the app in 32-bit mode, by selecting CDpedia in the Finder and using "File -> Get Info". IN the new window that displays information for CDpedia you will find a "Open in 32-bit mode", check this box and relaunch CDpedia. If it works then, it will let us narrow down the bug to the 64-bit code. Thank you.
PascalB
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by PascalB »

Conor wrote:No problem. Also do try running the app in 32-bit mode, by selecting CDpedia in the Finder and using "File -> Get Info". IN the new window that displays information for CDpedia you will find a "Open in 32-bit mode", check this box and relaunch CDpedia. If it works then, it will let us narrow down the bug to the 64-bit code. Thank you.
Hi Conor,

I've already tried this (read somewhere in the forum) but without success. CDPedia blocks for few minutes and finally the iSight Window opens but completely black.

I sent you the sample from Activity Monitor as soon as I can.

Maybe my iSight is out of order ?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you, I shall look over the code. I am sure it's something we did, although the 32-bit code has not been touched, so strange that it stopped working. But you can test that by downloading the previous version and seeing if that works again.
PascalB
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by PascalB »

Conor wrote:Thank you, I shall look over the code. I am sure it's something we did, although the 32-bit code has not been touched, so strange that it stopped working. But you can test that by downloading the previous version and seeing if that works again.
Hi Conor,
Your link sent me to a page that doesn't exist anymore :?
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Sorry, there was a dot missing. It's fixed now but in any case, here it is again: http://www.bruji.com/cdpedia/cdpedia5.3.1.dmg
PascalB
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by PascalB »

Nora wrote:Sorry, there was a dot missing. It's fixed now but in any case, here it is again: http://www.bruji.com/cdpedia/cdpedia5.3.1.dmg
So, apparently the problem is mine.

I tried the 5.3.1 and it also blocks when I started to use iSight. I did a cleaning with CCLeaner, I restart my MacBook and apparently everything goes right now with the 5.3.1, the 5.40 even in 64 bits.

Sorry about that and thank you for your help.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Very glad you were able to get it working again. :D
MrDichotomies
Inductee
Inductee

Post by MrDichotomies »

I am having the same problem with Bookpedia 5.4.0

iSight does not respond. Window opens, webcam image shows, but it will not read any UPC.

Invalid server certificate? Or network issue. No network issues on my end, though.

Any hints at how to fix would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx!

On Console, this looks like what is happening:

8/3/15 8:18:41.705 PM PhotoStreamAgent[281]: MSSubscriber - 65134593 Found temporary network error. Trying again later. Error: __NSCFError:
Domain : kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork
Code : -1202
Desc : The certificate for this server is invalid. You might be connecting to a server that is pretending to be “p12-streams.icloud.com” which could put your confidential information at risk.
Sugg : Would you like to connect to the server anyway?
UserInfo: {
NSErrorFailingURLKey = "https://p12-streams.icloud.com:443/6513 ... etmetadata";
NSErrorFailingURLStringKey = "https://p12-streams.icloud.com:443/6513 ... etmetadata";
NSLocalizedDescription = "The certificate for this server is invalid. You might be connecting to a server that is pretending to be \U201cp12-streams.icloud.com\U201d which could put your confidential information at risk.";
NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion = "Would you like to connect to the server anyway?";
"_kCFNetworkCFStreamSSLErrorOriginalValue" = "-9813";
"_kCFStreamPropertySSLClientCertificateState" = 0;
kCFStreamPropertySSLPeerCertificates = (
"<SecCertificate 0x7fda72b02330 [0x7fff73b35f00]>",
"<SecCertificate 0x7fda72b25230 [0x7fff73b35f00]>"
);
kCFStreamPropertySSLPeerTrust = "<SecTrust 0x7fda72b03a50 [0x7fff73b35f00]>";
}
8/3/15 8:18:41.704 PM PhotoStreamAgent[281]: Connection failed. Error: Error Domain=kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork Code=-1202 "The certificate for this server is invalid. You might be connecting to a server that is pretending to be “p12-streams.icloud.com” which could put your confidential information at risk." UserInfo=0x7fda7164b030 {NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=Would you like to connect to the server anyway?, _kCFNetworkCFStreamSSLErrorOriginalValue=-9813, kCFStreamPropertySSLPeerCertificates=(
"<SecCertificate 0x7fda72b02330 [0x7fff73b35f00]>",
"<SecCertificate 0x7fda72b25230 [0x7fff73b35f00]>"
), _kCFStreamPropertySSLClientCertificateState=0, kCFStreamPropertySSLPeerTrust=<SecTrust 0x7fda72b03a50 [0x7fff73b35f00]>, NSLocalizedDescription=The certificate for this server is invalid. You might be connecting to a server that is pretending to be “p12-streams.icloud.com” which could put your confidential information at risk., NSErrorFailingURLKey=https://p12-streams.icloud.com:443/6513 ... etmetadata, NSErrorFailingURLStringKey=https://p12-streams.icloud.com:443/6513 ... etmetadata}
8/3/15 8:18:41.704 PM PhotoStreamAgent[281]: NSURLConnection/CFURLConnection HTTP load failed (kCFStreamErrorDomainSSL, -9813)
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the info. The console error is for "Photos" program from Apple trying to sync your cloud photos and unrelated to Bookpedia. I shall update the post when there is an updated beta out.
davidagbr
Contributor
Contributor

Post by davidagbr »

Hi,

I have a similar, albeit slightly different problem with the iSight camera. The camera works, CDpedia works fine when the camera is on. But, the image is extremely blurred (and reversed), and CDpedia is unable to read the barcode, and therefore cannot find any CDs via iSight. I'm also having the same problem with all the other pedias.

The image has alway been quite blurred, but I've attributed that to having to hold the barcode so close to the camera. But previously, there was no problem actually reading the barcode. I'm not sure exactly when the problem started... maybe something to do with Yosemite??

I'm not aware of any problems with iSight in any other apps.

Hope you can help with this.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Hi David,

Thank you for the extra info. Do try out the 32-bit mode option. You do not mention what Mac you have, do let us know the model please?

Regards,
Conor
davidagbr
Contributor
Contributor

Post by davidagbr »

Hey Conor, many thanks for your fast response!

I've tried the 32-bit mode option, and the iSight is now scanning barcodes again. Although, the first time I tried CDpedia in 32-bit mode, and tried adding a disc using the camera, the program crashed, it seemed OK when I relaunched it (not sure if this will happen again).

I'm running the latest version of Yosemite (10.10.5) on an 15" MacBook Pro (early 2008) (model 4,1).