Search feature

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
MusicGuy
Contributor
Contributor

Search feature

Post by MusicGuy »

Hi, I was wondering if the search feature in Pocketpedia will ever match that of CDPedia? The search feature in Pocketpedia is very basic, in that, you can only search for a song title, and the words must be exact, and in order. Even with this, if there is more than one song with that title it would be confusing. In CDPedia, you can search using keywords in any order, and most importantly, you can search using a combination of parts of the song title AND artist, which comes in handy when, say, you want to know how many times an artist's SONG appears in your CD collection. Lastly, if you simply want to search how many times an ARTIST (no particular song) appears in your collection the app only displays CD's that are solely by that artist only, but doesn't display any compilations that may have that particular artist on it.

Please keep in mind that I am not criticizing Pocketpedia; in fact, I love it, but I would love it even more if the search feature was like that of CDPedia. I realize that they are separate apps for different mediums, and I don't know if the coding for this feature would be prohibitive for Pocketpedia, but I thought I'd ask. Thanks.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Search feature

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the feedback on improving the search in Pocketpedia. It is different to CDpedia due to the limit processing power of an iOS device compared to a Mac. Although the iPhone/iPod have come a long way and are now capable of a lot more, so it might be time to revise the search feature in Pocketpedia.

I'll work on at least including the artist at track level in the search for the next version and flag a more serious rewrite for a future version, now that devices are more powerful.
MusicGuy
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Search feature

Post by MusicGuy »

Many thanks for your reply, and for your hard work at creating the best app of its type for the iPhone!