Negative track numbers in CDPedia

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
demiadirac
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Negative track numbers in CDPedia

Post by demiadirac »

Hi,
has anyone noticed negative track numbers in CDPedia? I have them in some albums imported from iTunes.
In iTunes the filename is
329-01 Money musk.mp3.
In CDpedia the tracknumber is not legible, because the field is too small and cannot be enlarged. In pocketpedia it shows up as track number -35.
The problem is systematic. All my albums up to collection id 328 are allright, all albums starting with collection id 329 display negative track numbers.
What is the reason, and what can I do about it?
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Negative track numbers in CDPedia

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the information. It would be interesting to see the original information from iTunes. If you don't mind could you put some of the songs that have this negative number in a collection in iTunes and then use the "File -> Library -> Export Playlist". In the save panel be sure to set the format to XML. This way I can try to reproduce the bug and fix it at the source.

If you would like you can also send me your database file for CDpedia and I can try to correct the already imported tracks with the wrong track number. You will find the database in your data folder located in your home folder at ~/Library/Application Support/CDpedia/Database.cdpd. Under Yosemite you must use the Finder "Go" menu and hold down the option key and select the "Library" option. Once there navigate to Application Support/CDpedia and select Database.cdpd and use the "Compress" command under the main "File" menu. This will create a .zip version that you can then attach to an email message.