Text entry fields covered by keyboard in edit mode (iOS)

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
hswt86
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Text entry fields covered by keyboard in edit mode (iOS)

Post by hswt86 »

Since upgrading to iOS9 when I'm in edit mode in Bookpedia and select a field to enter when the keyboard appears the selected field no longer scrolls into view in the area above the keyboard. Not a problem with fields in the top portion of the window but quite problematic for fields in the lower half. This problem does not seem to be occuring in DVDPedia. In the past I have experienced a similar problem in both DVDPedia and Bookpedia when selecting text to edit/delete/copy. As soon as I select some text the window scrolls to the top and, while I can scroll down it will not stay and pops back up to the top of the window on release.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Text entry fields covered by keyboard in edit mode (iOS)

Post by Conor »

Thank you so much for the bug report. This was an issue with the changes in iOS 9 that should have been addressed in the latest update of Pocketpedia for iOS 9, version 3.4. Do let me know if it's still happening with version 3.4 and if with a particular field in DVDpedia. As a quick test on our devices I can't reproduce it. Currently working on the inevitable 3.4.1 update as there was a small issue with iOS 7 (Luckily only a handful of users are on iOS 7 by now), I will try to work this bug fix into that release as well.
hswt86
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by hswt86 »

I did some checking and the problem is only occuring in independant collections such as the Wish List and a collection that I created to track movies I have seen but don't own. I think "independent collections" is the term you used for collections that are seperate from the main library. As I remember the Wish List came with the program and I created the other in the Mac version of DVDPedia. In these types of collections the problem occurs with any field that is in the area covered by the keyboard when it is showing.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for testing and getting more information on reproducing the bug. I shall try that out and get the bug fixed.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Fixed and submitted to Apple for approval, should be in the App Store in about a weeks time.