Graphics glitch in DVDpedia

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
Black Smurf
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Graphics glitch in DVDpedia

Post by Black Smurf »

Ever since I have upgraded to El Capitan, resizing the info field at the lower bottom of DVDpedia doesn't work right - the field "jumps" to the top of the window, leaving the bottom empty (see http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4137 ... ja_png.htm).
When I click on another library everything is ok again, with the info field back at the bottom with its new size (and stays there when I change the displayed library back again).

No deal-breaker, but annoying.
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: Graphics glitch in DVDpedia

Post by FineWine »

When resizing the window, I get a 'Fly In Fly Out' effect of the columns - one to two columns & two down to one column. Never had that before. That's using the the default Style templates. With my own designed Style templates the second column just appears or disappears. I did not noticed this new 'Fly In Fly Out' effect as I do not size my window that small so there is always two columns.

So is this a new bit Java script or what?

jquery.min.js & jquery.masonry.min.js

if so it is quite nifty and will have to update my own templates.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

The graphic glitch is an issue with El Captain, but it has been fixed for our El Capitan release. That is ready to go and should be released in a few days, giving Apple a few days to have the Mac App Store release coincide a bit more with our own release, to avoid confusing users as to what version is available where. But Apple so far has taken 10 days already of sitting it the queue for review, so we might go ahead and release our own version soon. If you want to get a head start on that fix you can do so on the beta version.

Thank you for taking the time and letting us know in case we had not caught it.

It is indeed masonry, that relies on also installing jquery. The web page linked will tell you more on how to use it, but you should be able to copy the CSS from the collection.html. Look for "masoned" CSS rule, that tells Safari to ease it in and out as it does the layout again.
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

Thanks Conor will have a play when I next have time.

Cheers