(Bookpedia) Bug with date input

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
toruccia
Inductee
Inductee

(Bookpedia) Bug with date input

Post by toruccia »

I've been a user since a few months ago and I'm very happy with the product. However, after updating to the latest version the other day, I noticed a few small bugs with date input.

I'm using version 5.4.1 on Mavericks (10.9.5) on a MacBook Pro (2.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM).

In the previous version I remember you could input dates in different formats, for example "2012.3.17" or "17/3/2012" would both give you the same result, but now if you input "2012.3.17" the date is automatically reset to 1 Jan 2015, so you're forced to input day-month-year.

Likewise, in the previous version you could input "today" or "yesterday" and get the correct date, but if you try now the date is reset to 1 Jan 2015.

They're small bugs that don't really impair the use of the product, but I found it very useful to be able to input dates in different formats (and also that you could just input "today" and get today's date instead of typing it out), so I'd be very happy to see them fixed in the next update!

Thanks
Nora
Site Admin

Re: (Bookpedia) Bug with date input

Post by Nora »

The date format depends on your setting in the Preferences/General. Check there that you have the format as you'd like to see it. (Click on the little question mark next to the Date Format fields to see the Help file list of all the possible options and how to format them correctly.)

As for entering 'today' into the date field, that does seem to be happening. I'll have Conor take a look at that.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you. It could be that the new version is linked against the latest 10.11 and the date behavior changed. I shall take a look and see if it can be restored, as using it under El Capitan 10.11 I get the same behavior as always and still allows "today". I shall boot up the Mavericks disk image and take a look.
Kernos
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Kernos »

I am getting the same behavior in DVDpedia and Bookpedia. I have to put the whole date in manually or it defaults to Jan 1, 2015. pedias 5.4.1, El Capitan.
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

Nora wrote:As for entering 'today' into the date field, that does seem to be happening. I'll have Conor take a look at that.
I also can verify that it is happening with El Capitan OS X 10.11 (15A284), Darwin 15.0.0 and pedia's 5.4.1 beta70
Gary
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Gary »

Just found this problem too, using the "yesterday" keyword initially.

* Yosemite – OS X 10.10.5
* Bookpedia 5.4.1

Irritatingly, I've found it has previously affected a couple of updates I'd put in. Oh well, at least it's been caught now. I'll definitely be watching out for the next set of updates!
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Now fixed in the beta version, soon in the official version:

Bookpedia
DVDpedia
Gamepedia
CDpedia
FineWine
Site Admin