Services shortcut doesn't appear

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
cbronit

Services shortcut doesn't appear

Post by cbronit »

I am using the trial version of bookpedia and the services shortcut of Search Selection with Bookpedia does not appear on the list of services. I would appreciate any help you could offer
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Services shortcut doesn't appear

Post by Conor »

Do make sure to copy Bookpedia to your Applications folder and then launch it from there. Mac OS X should then add the service to the list of available services in "System Preferences -> Keyboard -> Shortcuts -> Text -> Search selection with Bookpedia". (Just adding this info for those reading this that might not be coming from the recent screencast about Bookpedia).

Bookpedia does try to catch all possible things a user might instinctively try, so another solution while your OS X recognizes the included service is to simply copy the text, then switch to Bookpedia (command-tab) and paste. Since there is no text field selected in Bookpedia it will assume you want to search with the pasted text.
cbronit

Post by cbronit »

Thanks Conor. I rebooted my mac and then it appeared - all is working well - great customer service - very much appreciated!
cervantes
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by cervantes »

Conor wrote:Do make sure to copy Bookpedia to your Applications folder and then launch it from there. Mac OS X should then add the service to the list of available services in "System Preferences -> Keyboard -> Shortcuts -> Text -> Search selection with Bookpedia".
Just FYI, I found the service listed exactly where you said it would be — but it was not turned on by default and was not actually available as a service until I turned it on.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thanks for the note Cervantes. It does come off by default, only those in the know use it, we would not want to clutter the service menu.