No finds on Amazon.de

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
MacMike
Inductee
Inductee

No finds on Amazon.de

Post by MacMike »

Hi, I´m a user of DVDpedia from Germany.
Since a few few weeks I can't get search results from Amazon.de anymore.
Did they changed their database?
Conor
Top Dog

Re: No finds on Amazon.de

Post by Conor »

Amazon just updated their terms to require an associate ID for the same country as the search is being performed against. Yo are likely signed up for the US associate program and would need an ID for the German partner program. If you search more than one country, I still need to update the Pedias to be able to handle multiple IDs.
Waldbaer
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Waldbaer »

I really wish that Amazon would be negligible... it's just ridiculous how they waste your (Conor's) time needing to update the pedias to follow their changing-without-notice-arbitrary-guidelines and supporting users who don't know what to do. I'll probably run into the problem soon, too (I did not add so much during the last weeks, but especially for localized media, Amazon is still an important source, I'm afraid). And of course, I have all Amazon sites in my search, so it does not even matter which kind of account I have. :roll:
designer
Contributor
Contributor

Post by designer »

I have a similar problem, but I am located in Canada.

I received an email a while back that should I wish to continue with my Associate ID account, I would not have to pay a subscription fee. That being the case, I cancelled the account. Is there anything that can be done outside of having to pay Amazon? (Or did I misunderstand Amazon's email about AWS accounts?) Thank you.