Deleted Wishlist Again

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
phule92
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Deleted Wishlist Again

Post by phule92 »

:( I did it again....I deleted my Wishlist folder again and have forgotten how to restore it :?: . Help?

phule92
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Deleted Wishlist Again

Post by Nora »

Go into the menu File > New Special Collection > Wish List and it'll reappear.
phule92
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by phule92 »

The meny>File > New Special Collection is grayeg-out

Phule
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

Conor; my File > New Special Collection is also greyed out whether I highlight my Wish List or not

Bookpedia & DVDpedia 5.5.1 Beta 77 latest
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

It's grayed out when both the borrowed and wish list exit, as at the moment only one of each is allowed. Sort of let you know you can't create anymore of them.

@phule92 If you don't mind could you please send me your DVDpedia database. You will find the database in your data folder located in your home folder at ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia/Database.dvdpd. Use the Finder "Go" menu and hold down the option key and select the "Library" option. Once there navigate to Application Support/DVDpedia and select Database.dvdpd and use the "Compress" command under the main "File" menu. This will create a .zip version that you can then attach to an email message. With it I can look for your wish list collection with your actual data and make sure that everything is correct.

Regards,
Conor
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

Conor wrote:It's grayed out when both the borrowed and wish list exit, as at the moment only one of each is allowed. Sort of let you know yo can't create anymore of them.
Is this on the change list for future releases? I mean people will (and do) run both.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

We left the door open to be able to add more of them. But they are treated so specially, when returning and borrowing entries that turned out to not be as easy to expand two more than one list as it causes ambiguity of what happens to a borrowed book.
phule92
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by phule92 »

[quote="Conor"]It's grayed out when both the borrowed and wish list exit, as at the moment only one of each is allowed. Sort of let you know you can't create anymore of them.

@phule92 If you don't mind could you please send me your DVDpedia database. You will find the database in your data folder located in your home folder at ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia/Database.dvdpd. Use the Finder "Go" menu and hold down the option key and select the "Library" option. Once there navigate to Application Support/DVDpedia and select Database.dvdpd and use the "Compress" command under the main "File" menu. This will create a .zip version that you can then attach to an email message. With it I can look for your wish list collection with your actual data and make sure that everything is correct.

I was waiting about Bookpedia. The problem now is moot for me as I found the WishList icon nestled in a Special folder.. A Drag-and-Drop settled my problem. Thanks :)

phule
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Sorry about the confusion with the Pedia program. Glad to hear it's all solved and was just kidding out via drag and drop in a folder. :D