URL field in Pocketpedia?

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
Bruji4JP

URL field in Pocketpedia?

Post by Bruji4JP »

Is it possible to display the URL from the URL field in Pocketpedia? I know how to access links in Pocketpedia, but being able to tap on the URL (linked from a title in the desktop Pedias) would be useful too. If it's not possible currently I hope it can be added in a future update.

Thanks!
Conor
Top Dog

Re: URL field in Pocketpedia?

Post by Conor »

I was about to mention that all links are included in the links section including the URL one (footer in iPhones and tab bar in iPad); but I see that it's not working on the latest version for some links. I have fixed the bug it has to do with the restrictive scheme query that Apple has added and the new handling of HTTPS. Next version will allow you to tap to open the URL link as well, like it should have been doing. Thank you for the details and the bug report.
Bruji4JP

Post by Bruji4JP »

Excellent! Glad I could help squash a bug. 8)

I have a question about Pocketpedia regarding the Sort picker. Is it possible to display the unique field names I've assigned to custom fields of a particular desktop Pedia app in Pocketpedia's Sort picker instead of the current Custom 1, Custom Date 2, etc.? It would make things easier to sort.

Also, some of my unique custom field names that are fairly long (~30-55 characters) are truncated after ~20 characters by an ellipsis (…) in the main details panel on both iPad/iPhone versions of Pocketpedia. Would it be possible to display the entire unique custom field name?

Love the Pedia apps and appreciate the excellent support!
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

The sort picker should be no issue, that was an oversight on my part. It's on the to do list.

I shall try to improve the display of the field names, the text area is limited for the label. But there new dynamic text changes and API coming in iOS 11, that might help to make everything more flexible.
Bruji4JP

Post by Bruji4JP »

Excellent news, thanks!
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Sort picker names done in 3.5, flexible text on the to do list.