Header title in bold

A place for Doghouse related posts.
Jeannot
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Header title in bold

Post by Jeannot »

Wouldn’t it be great if a release contains different content, to list the content under a header titled in bold. A header should be used to give a unique title for an important section of the contents. Could also be useful for boxsets and classical releases.

Compare this release

https://doghouse.bruji.com/album/863561 ... brary=true

With this one

https://www.filmmusicsite.com/en/soundt ... gi?id=9938

has a much much cleaner look...
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Header title in bold

Post by Conor »

Thank you so much for the feedback and the examples, really helps. Track headers are something we want to include in a future version. Does make a difference even when it's simple, such as Disc 1, Disc 2. But even more important in the case of classical music and more elaborate headers. But it requires a change to the database format, so it won't happen until a big release.
Jeannot
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Jeannot »

Thanks Connor, a big release would be something to look forward to. I do hope to discuss some guidelines for classical records; I’ve seen some messed up releases in the database. Also for a soundtrack CD release, I saw a whole bunch of actors added as artist…?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

I have wanted to implement a flag Doghouse menu command , to make it easy to simply flag items for us to take a look. We do have some automated task that flag items for us, but they tend to look for simpler issues that a computer can detect, like all capital titles and missing artists.
Jeannot
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Jeannot »

Even to flag simpler issues would be nice.

Well I would like to contribute or moderate many soundtrack albums, but if I look at something like this, then I wonder...

https://doghouse.bruji.com/album/271681

Why adding [Original Soundtrack] to the title, we know it's the soundtrack album... and we have the Genre field for that.
Artist is called - Soundtrack - in this case I would like the main composer added "Harry Gregson-Williams"
Some Track Tiles have Narnia: Prince Caspian added and some not?

Would love to moderate this one and and have the possibility to lock it (why not for the next big release).
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

We do have the lock ability, it's only exposed to us. But could be something to extend to moderators. Also at the moment the lock has to be done from the admin pages on the website, but an API for it would be convenient.