DVDpedia_data downloads imdb

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
Anami
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

DVDpedia_data downloads imdb

Post by Anami »

Hello,
I'm asking myself if there would be the possibility to download more information from imdb like the original title, the country and the year of production? I believe that in the past it was possible but it changed.
Also, as I'm buying mostly German DVDs I'm more interested in datas coming from German website but I guess "cinefacts" is not running anymore. The only German source is then "amazon.DE" and this "DVD Palace"?
Thanks a lot.
Best.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: DVDpedia_data downloads imdb

Post by Conor »

You can gather more information from the Movie -> Update from -> IMDb or if you want to preview the results to choice from you can use the gear button on the bottom right of the edit window and select IMDb from that menu. Useful if the movie title is very common and you don't yet have an IMDb number associated with the movie.

I shall take a look at the Cinefacts plugin, likely a change on their side.
Anami
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Anami »

Thanks Connor. There is a German website called "ofdb". In case "cinefacts" doesn't exist anymore this side could be an option for German data.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the info. I see that it has an API, I shall include it in a future release. With the UPC search it should turn out to be useful.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Actually, we already have a plugin for their site but it's not included in the program because the search didn't work very well. But hopefully that's been improved. :)
Anami
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Anami »

Great. Installed the plugin, found it in my program but unfortunately no results. And another problem: There's something wrong with imdb because I mostly only get the entry from "2001 - A Space Odyssee".
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

I'll take a look at the plugin. For the IMDb issue, jump on the beta program, as we need more testers of the latest version. :)
Anami
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Anami »

Will do! :) Thanks Conor.
Anami
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Anami »

One comment to the Beta version: As I'm still running OSX 10 it's not working (OSX 12 required) :(
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thanks for letting me know you are on older MacOS. I have updated the older version that support 10.10. Manually download it and install it, while I finish some other fixes and release an official update.