Trying to get started, will not import into gamepedia

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
Madducky
Contributor
Contributor

Trying to get started, will not import into gamepedia

Post by Madducky »

When I fired up gamepedia for the first time, I got the import DL library prompt.
I answered yes. It started working but appeared to be hung up on QUAKE.
I tried to exit out, but when I reentered it, I didn't get the prompt to import!
I looked through all menus; but could not find it.

How do I import my DL game library?

The import library worked great on all of the other pedia programs.
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Trying to get started, will not import into gamepedia

Post by Nora »

Hi Madducky,

Welcome to the Pedias. Sorry to hear about the issue with the Gamepedia import, likely a change in format from DL.

If you remove the data folder in ~/Library/Application Support/Gamepedia you can trigger the prompt again. However already being in the "Application Support" you can trigger the import by dragging the DL database over the Gamepedia icon. Yow will find the DL database in "Delicious Library 2" folder inside Application Support and you can drag the database file from there. To open the correct "Library" folder, hold down the option key and click on the "Go" menu and select "Library".

Do try running the import on the beta as I ran it agains the latest version of DL and made a few small changes:

Gamepedia Beta

If that fails do send me an export of your DL database, so I can check it. DL imbeds the images in the database so the file is to big to send. In DL please use "File -> Export to -> Library 1 file". This will create a folder with an XML file that is smaller and has only the data, send me this XML file and I can quickly reproduce the issue and get it fixed. The XML might also update the data, so you can try dragging this XML file over Gamepedia icon to import the export directly as well.
Madducky
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Madducky »

Hi Madducky,

Welcome to the Pedias. Sorry to hear about the issue with the Gamepedia import, likely a change in format from DL.

If you remove the data folder[<what is the data folder named? I have tried removing anything on my Mac with gamepedia on it and then trying again with no luck. >] in ~/Library/Application Support/Gamepedia you can trigger the prompt again.

However already being in the "Application Support" you can trigger the import by dragging the DL database [< what is it called? Will it work with the library from DL2 or DL3?>] over the Gamepedia icon.

You will find the DL database in "Delicious Library 2" folder inside Application Support and you can drag the database file from there. To open the correct "Library" folder, hold down the option key and click on the "Go" menu and select "Library".

>> I am not running any betas at all.
Do try running the import on the beta as I ran it agains the latest version of DL and made a few small changes:

Gamepedia Beta
If that fails do send me an export of your DL database, so I can check it. DL imbeds the images in the database so the file is to big to send. In DL please use "File -> Export to -> Library 1 file". This will create a folder with an XML file that is smaller and has only the data, send me this XML file and I can quickly reproduce the issue and get it fixed. The XML might also update the data, so you can try dragging this XML file over Gamepedia icon to import the export directly as well.

isn't there a way by uninstalling something or better, just click an option in settings to import?

I really want this to work, I paid before I ran into this problem
Madducky
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Madducky »

I have just been trying everything that I can to get this to work.
There is NOTHING related to gamepedia in any library folder anywhere on my Mac. When I try to delete the icon and its self generated folders, and reinstall it from the disc image, It looks like it is going to work, but fails to ask if I want to import my DL libraries

I have even used the search tool on the finder window to search for anything to do with gamepedia

Why is this solution so elusive? Why isn't this option included in the Gamepedia, preferences in the first place.

I am running a 2013 Mac Mini with OS 10.13.4 Other than making delicious library 2 not work (DL3 seems to run fine) it behaves as it should.

Where are all of the files that I must delete in order to facilitate a clean install?
Madducky
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Madducky »

Still trying to get this sussed out. VERY frustrating!
I went into library: application support and there is no gamepedia in it at all.

Where else should I be looking?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Sorry, I was away for the week. There are two library folders, one is in your home folder and is hidden by Apple. This is the one you want. To get to it use the following step:

1. Hold down the Option (Alt) key on your keyboard.
2. Click on the "Go" menu and select "Library".
3. Open "Application Support" in this library.

Now you will be in the right location to find the Gamepedia folder to remove or to find the DL folder to drag the database over Gamepedia if you want to take that route.

Also if the import fails don't hesitate to send me the exported file from DL, so I can take a look at it.

Kind regards,
Conor