DVDpedia 2.3 plug-in fixes

Announcements, upcoming features,... (READ ME!)
Nora
Site Admin

DVDpedia 2.3 plug-in fixes

Post by Nora »

Hi everyone,

there are several posts already floating around, letting people know that the various plug-ins that broke over the past few weeks have been fixed. But I thought I'd put up a general post to let everyone know: the dvdpalace.de, dvd.it and IMDb plug-ins are all fixed and bundled with DVDpedia as usual but the version number hasn't changed. So just download the program again here.

Nora
simone.girlanda

v2.3.0 crash on my powerbook

Post by simone.girlanda »

I downloaded this new version, because of problems with dvd.it plug-in, but when I run it the application crash.

se following:

Date/Time: 2006-03-03 23:00:00.087 +0100
OS Version: 10.4.5 (Build 8H14)
Report Version: 4

Command: DVDpedia
Path: /Applications/DVDpedia.app/Contents/MacOS/DVDpedia
Parent: WindowServer [61]

Version: DVDpedia version 2.3.0 (2.3.0)

PID: 407
Thread: 0

Exception: EXC_BREAKPOINT (0x0006)
Code[0]: 0x00000001
Code[1]: 0x92902340

Thread 0 Crashed:
0 com.apple.Foundation 0x92902340 _NSRaiseError + 264
1 com.apple.Foundation 0x9290207c +[NSException raise:format:] + 40
2 com.apple.Foundation 0x928c4f6c -[NSCFArray addObject:] + 120
3 com.bruji.dvdpedia 0x0005be58 -[PluginManager discoverPlugins] + 844 (PluginManager.m:109)
4 com.bruji.dvdpedia 0x0005b9ec -[PluginManager awakeFromNib] + 32 (PluginManager.m:21)
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Download DVDpedia again here. We uploaded a new version just now which should work fine.

Nora
simone.girlanda

ok now it works

Post by simone.girlanda »

all ok
apeach
Contributor
Contributor

yesasia seems to still be not working

Post by apeach »

I am having trouble with the yesasia plug-in. It doesn't seem to be able to find anything that is on its website. I checked with Safari and the titles are there.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Thanks for the heads up - they must have changed something on their site. I'll try and fix that asap.

Nora
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

The yesasia plug-in is fixed. You can download it again from the Extras page.

Nora
apeach
Contributor
Contributor

yesasia

Post by apeach »

After downloading the yesasia plugin, I clicked on it and DVDpedia launched and said the plugin was updated. I quit DVDpedia and restarted it, but yesasia still is not working. If I go to their site, I can search for Green Tea, and get a number of films. The same search in the plugin returns no films. I tried searching for Ozu and other Ozu films with the plugin, but get nothing. Yet their are numerous Ozu films on the site if I search in Safari. If I like in the package contents of DVDpedia, the plugin for yesasia has a date of Dec 7, 2005.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Try a new download of DVDpedia. The plugin creation date should now read 14/03/06.
apeach
Contributor
Contributor

yesasia

Post by apeach »

I downloaded the new version of DVDpedia, checked the date in the plugin folder in package contents, and the date is now correct, but the plugin still does not return any matches for "green tea" "equinox" "ozu" "kurosawa", etc. all of which are on the yesasia site.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Strange - I've tried 'green tea' and got 6 results with 'green tea' as the title and some other ones as well. Could it be that you're logged in at yesasia.com? I know that users sometimes have this problem with IMDb; when they are logged in they don't get all the information through DVDpedia because they get a different page.
apeach
Contributor
Contributor

Yesasia

Post by apeach »

Hi Nora,

I tried quitting Safari completely. All plugins work with the exception of Yesasia. No matter what I search for with this plugin, I get no matches found. I have rebooted the computer, repaired permissions, checked to make sure that I had only one copy of DVDpedia on my system. Nothing seems to work.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

And there is no login, right? (That could still be active even though you quit Safari.) I've tried looking for one on their site but it didn't seem like they actually have a 'login' feature. I just thought that could be a good explanation for why the plug-in isn't working for you...
With the new version of DVDpedia we're also overhauling the plug-in system a little - in the works as I'm typing - so maybe that'll fix the problem. Give us a few days to take care of last kinks and get a beta out and hopefully with that version the plug-in will work for you again.

Nora
apeach
Contributor
Contributor

Yesasia

Post by apeach »

3.0 fixed the problem. Great update.