DVDpedia: IMDb import incomplete

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
Black Smurf
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

DVDpedia: IMDb import incomplete

Post by Black Smurf »

Hi Connor,

something must have changed in the IMDb interface - importing data from there now gives incomplete results:

In the "Director" field, "if (typeof uet == 'function') {,uet("bb","LoadCSS",{wb: 1}),}" is returned, and the "User Rating" field remains empty.

I did try several movies, all with dragging&dropping the link onto the DVDpedia 5.6.1 window (as I always do and which worked fine until yesterday), with the same result each time.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: DVDpedia: IMDb import incomplete

Post by Conor »

Than you for the bug report. Fixed in the latest beta 103. If you are running the beta it will self update on it's own on launch.
Black Smurf
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Black Smurf »

Works fine again - thank you for the quick fix! :)
filmsoncon
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by filmsoncon »

So the fix is just to eliminate the director slot entirely? I'm confused.
Black Smurf
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Black Smurf »

No, after the fix everything is working again for me, director and user rating fields are filled correctly again (and both are still present).

At least that was the state the last time I added a movie to my collection, which was six days ago.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

I had to wait until two users wrote to me via email with examples of searches and screenshots before I could figure out the combination that made the director not appear. Now fixed in beta 107, so simply check for updates on all beta users.
RockyB
Contributor
Contributor

Post by RockyB »

Hi,

I'm not sure what this beta stuff is but I have searched for new updates and are currently running the latest version of dvdpedia. I never had a problem importing directors into dvdpedia but imdb rating is not working for me at the moment and hasnt done so in about a month. Can I do anything to fix this?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Hi RockyB,

Thank you for the message. I'll update the regular version soon, but I am finalizing some details that need to go into the next version. In the meantime you can get the beta version by clicking here. You can use it as your regular DVDpedia and when the official version comes out, you can remove this version and keep the other version.

Kind regards,
Conor
reinklang
Captain
Captain

Post by reinklang »

Apparently there are still problems with importing data from IMDb. For example, for some time now, the Genre field remains empty after importing data. Is this a known issue? Any workarounds I can try?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the bug report. Could you please provide me with two IMDb numbers where that happens, so I can replicate it and get it fixed.
reinklang
Captain
Captain

Post by reinklang »

Here are just a few: 3606756, 0094625, 0051378, 4779682. I actually have this problem with any movie I added recently.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the numbers. I think you might not be running the beta version, do please try the beta. It's now in final version master and very stable and will be 6.0 in a couple of weeks.
reinklang
Captain
Captain

Post by reinklang »

OK, great! The beta actually works. Genres are listed correctly. Thanks!