Bookpedia - ISBNs not working on Amazon

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
ksf
Contributor
Contributor

Bookpedia - ISBNs not working on Amazon

Post by ksf »

I'm finding that about half the time, the ISBN pulls up nothing (no result), but when I type in the title, several results are returned, and the first one usually has the ISBN I typed in.

I'm attempting to pull from Amazon, using Bookpedia 5.6.1 (I'm not yet on Sierra).

An entry pulled using title (that produced no results from the ISBN, even though the retrieved data matches the ISBN I typed in) does seem to be pulled from Amazon - when I click the title in the preview pane, it opens the link in Amazon.

Option-Help shows that Amazon Test is checked.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Bookpedia - ISBNs not working on Amazon

Post by Conor »

Thanks for the bug report. Could you send me a few of the ISBNs, so I can test them here. Searching for a few of my books via ISBN produced results. Could be a that it's a specific ISBN format, such as one with zeros at front.

Update: Searching for it I did find a small bug with ISBN-13 searches. Please try the beta version.
ksf
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ksf »

Hi,

Thanks for the reply - I'm sorry I didn't have those ISBNs handy back in July.

I just wanted to confirm that yes, the problem I'm seeing is with ISBN-13s. When I entered ISBN-10s for the same books (if available), I got good results.

I didn't enter many books for a while there, but I just found some ISBNs today that failed:

I downloaded the beta but I'm still on El Capitan on this machine so I haven't tested it. If it's not something you can fix in the old version (5.6.1), I understand - I know you can't keep updating old versions forever.

Thanks!
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the ISBNs. They are working well on the beta version. I shall see if I can port the changes back to the old version, but might not be possible due to some new APIs I am using. I'll let you know here, when the change is made if possible.