Bwana and Brew (and other man pages)

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
gcallari

Bwana and Brew (and other man pages)

Post by gcallari »

Hello,

I have some problems with Bwana (version 2.8 on macOS 10.14.2) when reading several pages installed by Brew or other programs (nmap, for instance). Even if the pages are installed in the same directory (tipically as a link in /usr/local/share/man/man1, but sometimes as a regular file) some works and some others not. They all work correctly using the man command. I've checked for differences (like file or folder permissions) but found nothing. The only clue I have is I get the "-[__NSCFString deleteCharactersInRange:]: Range or index out of bounds" error in Console when I try to load a man page which doesn't work.

Do you have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks and regards

Gabriele
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Bwana and Brew (and other man pages)

Post by Conor »

Hi Gabrielle,

Thank you for the bug report. It's an bug on my part in the trying to insert all the formatting for the HTML display. It's trying to insert some formatting beyond were there is text, some bug has thrown off the count. Could you send me the exact man page (man:nmap)? This way I can install it and catch the bug in action and fix the error in the code. Thank you for looking at the console log.
gcallari

Re: Bwana and Brew (and other man pages)

Post by gcallari »

Many thanks for your help,

I have just sent the page to support@bruji.com.