is there a comments field or equivalent?

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
ninji
Captain
Captain

is there a comments field or equivalent?

Post by ninji »

is there a "comments" field in Bookpedia? in iTunes for example, one can Get Info on any given song/item in one's library (whether stored locally or in iCloud) and add arbitrary text for any miscellaneous (or structured) reason. Is there such a field or an equivalent in Bookpedia? For example, sometimes when I purchase new books I like to write a brief description (a sentence or three) of why I bought the book and/or in what circumstances.
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: is there a comments field or equivalent?

Post by FineWine »

Yes there is. You may not have activated it. To do so: Bookpedia > Preferences... > Fields > Display fields for:

Don't forget you can rearrange the display order of all these Fields. So if you want the Comments field just below the Title field just drag it up the list. I always have at the top of all my list a Custom Date Field called 'Last Audited'

Hope this helps
ninji
Captain
Captain

Post by ninji »

thanks -- I wasn't aware the display order of the fields could be rearranged, this is very useful.

however, about the comments field, I have it activated (I just checked Preferences --> Fields and the little box is checked; I didn't so anything to make this so, and so assume it was activated by default when I installed the application) -- however I don't see any actual comment field in the Edit Book window where I can enter text. In the same vein, though the 'tags' field is also checked in Preferences --> Fields, I also don't see any tags displayed in the Edit window (I've checked all four tabs: main/extra/selling/links), however I can see and edit tags in a column (which I manually enable) of the main Bookpedia window.

am I really silly and missing something ridiculously obvious? or might there be a problem somewhere? btw I'm running b111 on 10.14.
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

Ah Ha - I now see your problem. :idea:

Whilst in the Edit window you will notice that on the bottom left just below the Cover Art but above the left < & right > arrows, you will see some text in light grey that says; Show All click on that and it will change to Hide Empty. But, more importantly for you, it will show all your missing fields.

When you see the words Show All the Edit window is only showing those fields that have entries, this is a tidy up brevity cosmetics function for the edit window. Less clutter for the eye to take in.

Hope this helps :D
ninji
Captain
Captain

Post by ninji »

right you are! thank you very much, that's the trick. I didn't see that small button before.