Custom field Names - CDpedia 5.9.2

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
paulgh

Custom field Names - CDpedia 5.9.2

Post by paulgh »

Custom field names in the "details view" section are not being shown. I am just seeing "Custom Checkbox 1", "Custom Tag 1", "Custom 3", etc instead of the names entered for the fields in preferences. The field names are showing correctly in the list view columns and also in the edit panels, but not in the details view. If I change detail styles, the field names show up properly in the details view. But when I re-start CDpedia, the names are lost again.

I am using MacOS 10.13.6.

Thanks
Paul
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Custom field Names - CDpedia 5.9.2

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the bug report. What template are you using for the details view? It sounds like you might be using a custom template. In the menu "CDpedia -> Preferences -> Style (tab)" you can check the pop up for the "Details View" to see what template is being used.

If so the custom field names should be [translate:customTag1] or in the case of the generic repeating field [translate:genericField]. You would find custom templates in you data folder at ~/Library/Application Support/CDpedia/InfoTemplates and you can open them with a text editor to check the HTML.
DanThe
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by DanThe »

Hi Conor,

This is happening to me as well. Notice this yesterday in CDpedia and it seems to have started with the latest beta release. I was able to correct it by going to the Preferences, Fields tab and selecting each of the views in the dropdown but this doesn't always work. I'm not using a custom template either.

Also noted that even though the main view shows say "Custom 1", the assigned name still shows correctly in the Preferences -> Fields tab and had not been deleted.

Also recently updated to macOS Mojave 10.14.3

Hope this helps with the troubleshooting.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thanks for the confirmation on the bug. Mojave is messing with me, on it.
DanThe
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by DanThe »

Too many Emojis. :wink: I'm still waiting for the stability and performance version of macOS. I miss Mountain Lion. :(
paulgh

Post by paulgh »

Conor wrote:Thank you for the bug report. What template are you using for the details view? It sounds like you might be using a custom template.
Not using custom templates. I don't have any. Issue is appearing on all the standard templates.

Cheers
Paul
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Fixed in the next beta. I have unjustly blamed Mojave, it was all me with a single line of code I moved during cleanup.

Thank you everybody for the bug report.
DanThe
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by DanThe »

Confirmed. This has been fixed in the latest beta.

As for Mojave, I still find that apps do not respond as quickly as they use to even though APFS was suppose to be faster than HFS+. Well have to wait to see if this will improve once the file system has matured enough.

Thanks for the quick turnaround on this issue. :D