Pedia 5.9.2 Beta Bugs

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
FineWine
Site Admin

Date Entry Quirk

Post by FineWine »

Don't know if this is a pedia bug, oversight or just a macOS quirk.

In any "Date" field if you manually enter the date: e.g. 03/04/18 all is good, BUT if you manually enter it as 3/4/18 you get ¾/18. This only occurs with: ¼, ½, ¾ fractions and no other fractions.

Note: manually entering dates is a lot quicker than the calendar box, especially for dates other than the current year.

PS: I know I have mentioned this before but is there still any chance (To-Do-List) that the currency symbol can be automatically inserted into currency fields or it be made a "Preference" setting like the "Date" format in Preferences > General. It really is a pain to enter the $ symbol all the time.
FineWine
Site Admin

Editing Multiple Entries

Post by FineWine »

When in 'Edit Multiple Entries' window and you have a field that has multiple 'blue bubble hightlight' type entries (i.e. Director, Producer, Genre, Author etc) and you try to rearrange the order of those entires, say alphabetically, by drag & drop, they do rearrange within the Edit window BUT the new order does not stick after you click OK.

PS: I notice that the above "Date Entry Quirk" is still present in the latest beta's
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Pedia 5.9.2 Beta Bugs

Post by Conor »

Hi Finewine,

I just wanted to get back to you and let you know that I am on it. It's just you give me the hard edge cases and those take time.

For the fractions, it's the keyboard shortcuts that is replacing the typed fraction for the symbol before the text gets to DVDpedia. Trying to look on how to disable it. But if you never use that function, you can disable it directly in: "System Preferences -> Keyboard -> Text (Tab)". You could add an extra character that you would not have in the date. Maybe a space, so the shortcut would be "1/2 ".

Update Went to try the space, it is not allowed. Go with a dash?

Thinking about a solution to the currency symbol.

Never thought of rearranging the bubbles. It only looks to see that a value has changed.
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: Pedia 5.9.2 Beta Bugs

Post by FineWine »

Conor wrote:Hi Finewine,
I just wanted to get back to you and let you know that I am on it. It's just you give me the hard edge cases and those take time.
All Good
Conor wrote:For the fractions, it's the keyboard shortcuts that is replacing the typed fraction for the symbol before the text gets to DVDpedia. Trying to look on how to disable it. But if you never use that function, you can disable it directly in: "System Preferences -> Keyboard -> Text (Tab)". You could add an extra character that you would not have in the date. Maybe a space, so the shortcut would be "1/2 ".

Update Went to try the space, it is not allowed. Go with a dash?
I will carry on as per normal and will just have to remember to enter day & month with a leading zero; e.g. 03/04/18.
Conor wrote:Thinking about a solution to the currency symbol.
All Good
Conor wrote:Never thought of rearranging the bubbles. It only looks to see that a value has changed.
Perhaps forcing them to rearrange their order alphabetically automatically. But then people may want to have the main Producer or Director or Author first - mmmm dilemma.

Cheers