Date Added bug

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
vjl
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Date Added bug

Post by vjl »

Beta 112 of Bookpedia - noticed this issue today - when scanning books in via barcode or entering them manually [via the multi add ++ button], the "Date Added" field is populated with the exact, correct time/date stamp.

However, when one edits anything in the record, later on, by double clicking the item in the right window pane and making any change [in my case, condition notes, price, etc], the Date Added field resets the clock to midnight of the date it was added to the system.

Eg: I added some books at 8:02:26pm though 8:03:44pm and after editing them [or simply opening up the record and then clicking okay], the time became 12:00:00 - the date remained Feb 8, 2019

I figured you'd like to know this since I know you went through a lot of hassle recently with the time/date fields. This behavior didn't used to exist, but I am unsure when this changed. Looking at my Date Added fields, Dec 14, 2018 it was behaving correctly, but on Dec 15th, it was not. I am unsure what version of Bookpedia I was running on Dec 14/15th. :(
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Date Added bug

Post by Conor »

Thank you for pointing out that date added is being updated. As you mentioned I recently made changes to the date handling. Luckily I have it in my version history, I shall check out the changes.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Fixed in beta 122.
vjl
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by vjl »

Downloaded and it's working great. Thanks for squashing that bug so quickly!