Spotlight not working with Bookpedia

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.

Spotlight not working with Bookpedia

Postby ninji » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:00 pm

hi, I'm using Bookpedia 5.9.2 (beta 122). Spotlight doesn't appear to be working -- I search for a book that I know I have in Bookpedia but nothing comes up. I've tried restarting both the application and the entire computer (which is running macOS 10.14.3). I've also tried toggling the 'Spotlight' item in the 'Help' menu. Any ideas?
ninji
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Re: Spotlight not working with Bookpedia

Postby Conor » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:49 pm

Mojave broke it, and I have to drop support for 10.5. Which the beta already does. Currently focusing on getting the beta out and users upgrading before tackling Dark Mode and Spotlight for 6.1 and 6.2.
Conor
Top Dog

Postby ninji » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:37 pm

ok, thanks for the word. I'll look forward to re-implemented Spotlight functionality in v 6.1 or 6.2.

(btw, i don't know how you and other people feel about this, but for me Spotlight is very useful and much more important -- Dark Mode is a nice cosmetic enhancement, but Spotlight is not-quite-but-almost essential functionality. if your development schedule isn't already fixed, I'd like to respectfully vote for SL before DM)
ninji
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Postby jotie » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:47 pm

I totally agree with you on that point. I also feel a bit 'lost' without the Spotlight functionality.
jotie
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Conor » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:59 pm

Nothing is ever fixed. It comes down to how much hassle the fix gives me. If I get bugged down for days, I tend to then take a break and fix something else to come back to it. So I can move it up on the priority list.
Conor
Top Dog

Postby ninji » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:23 pm

Conor wrote:Nothing is ever fixed. It comes down to how much hassle the fix gives me. If I get bugged down for days, I tend to then take a break and fix something else to come back to it. So I can move it up on the priority list.

much appreciated!
ninji
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Return to Support