Bug in latest DVDpedia Beta

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
Rodney
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Bug in latest DVDpedia Beta

Post by Rodney »

I got a notice to update my DVDpedia beta, and in the release notes is says you need MacOS 10.12+, but when it was done updating it wouldn't launch, giving me an error message that said the MacOS needed to be 10.13 or greater. Downgraded from my backup program.
sitenoise
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Bug in latest DVDpedia Beta

Post by sitenoise »

me too
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Was testing a few features (updating to the new spotlight index that requires 10.13 and 10.14) and allow cross handoff between Pocketpedia and the Pedias, but they will be delayed until a future release. To allow all those with 10.12 to get on at modern version, slowly drop support for the older MacOS as needed.

I apologize for not changing the updaters signature to 10.13, so that it would know not to update. But this lets me also get a sense of how many are on 10.12 still. Although the beta users are quite a skewed section, so not representative, but nice to know others are still running 10.12.

In short fear not those with 10.12, at least not yet.
Rodney
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Rodney »

I took the "push" you gave me to update my Mac Mini to High Sierra (10.13), so one less user to worry about, Conor.
The issue is that this is the highest MacOS my 2011 machine can go to, so hopefully you won't require us to move to Mojave or greater, at least for a little while longer.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

I took the "push"
:D

Mojave is giving me enough trouble as it is, so will not to force users on there. Let see what WWDC brings next week. Hopefully stability an no forced updates due to code signing or app notarization that Apple is pushing.

I am on a similar situation I have a Mac Book Pro mid 2010 and will have to upgrade soon. But dislike the new keyboard feel, but with the new hardware refresh a few weeks ago, seems like the design is not going away soon.