Plugins Menu No Longer?

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
twism610

Plugins Menu No Longer?

Post by twism610 »

I'm not sure if this was already addressed but ever since I upgraded to DVDPedia 6.0 the "Plugins" option under "Movie" has gone missing. I only see IMDB, Fixes and Links now. I was using the "export XMBC" plugin but now I can't. I had to go back to 5.7 to get it back. I recently upgraded to Catalina so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it, as I upgraded both around the same time. Any assistance or feedback would be helpful. Thanks!
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: Plugins Menu No Longer? (XBMC)

Post by FineWine »

Welcome to the Bruji forums.

I presume you are talking about Export XBMC which is now known as Kodi.

Your are correct the facility; Movie -> Plugins -> Export XBMC has gone. I am presuming that is because DVDpedia 6.* is written using 64 bit code and DVDpedia 5 is 32 bit code. That means that DVDpedia has to assume that your Kodi player is the latest version for at least macOS 10.14 Mojave and better still the latest macOS 10.15 Catalina, which will ONLY run 64 bit code programs and App's. The latest Kodi v18.5 "Leia" 64 bit.

Whether Conor will re-include Export XBMC, I am not to sure. There is lots of other work still to do on version 6.

Now having said all of that have a look at this old post: .nfo export for XBMC cataloging

Just remember the resulting file suffix for import into Kodi is .nfo
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Plugins Menu No Longer?

Post by Conor »

Finewine is correct the old plugin is 32-bit and the new 6.0 is 64-bit only. I have updated the plugin as well to be 64-bit. So that you can upgrade to the latest DVDpedia and replace your current XBMC plugin with a new version.
twism610

Post by twism610 »

Thanks for the new update and information. I replaced the old plugin that was in the Application Support folder and ran it, however nothing changed. There isn't a Plugins menu so I wouldn't know where to look or how to generate the .nfo and .tbn files like the old one did.

Thanks for the help!
badlibrarians
Inductee
Inductee

Post by badlibrarians »

I am also having problems with the plugins menu. :( I recently moved all my media and want to batch delete all my links. I downloaded the removelinks.pediaextras and dragged it over the icon in the dock. I got a popup saying it was installed and restart to take effect. I did, but there's no plugin menu. Can someone help? Thanks!
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the update on the change. The recent versions of Catalina and Big Sur require more singing requirements for the plugins. I have to update the plugin to get it signed and probably sent to Apple to be notarized to then distribute. Hopefully I can build an automation for this, based on what I already have for the programs.