Amazon Search for Book/CD/DVD Pedia

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Amazon Search for Book/CD/DVD Pedia

Post by Conor »

Version 4.6.8 does not have the beta feature. It uses older keys that I need to register with individual associate accounts to enable for the recent change at Amazon. The Bookpedia one for 4.6.8 should now be enabled, got to figure out my password for the old DVDpedia account.

For the most part it was using a search in a country outside of the registered associate account. But a handful of accounts that don't generate cash for Amazon do get canceled as the data service is meant to sell products for Amazon. But yo are correct that there could be more info outside the forum, but the new feature is still in beta. Trying to decide how to better fit into the next version without having any complicated steps and make it the simplest integration possible. Thank you for the feedback and sorry about the wasted effort trying to figure out the solution on your own.
idj

Post by idj »

Conor, I'm having the same issue and have been unable to add things to the apps. Can you send me the info as well, or post it? Thanks!
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Bookpedia 4.6.8 should be all set now, trying to find the email for DVDpedia 4.6.8 key.
Midori
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Midori »

I did the workaround, but now almost each query ends up giving me this: https://imgur.com/a/UIuorlN
Which makes no sens (this is a dvdpedia search with all sites activated, but it does the same in bookpedia...)
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

I presume you have activated the Bruji generic 'Amazon Test' facility within the hidden menu which can be found by:
'holding down the option key and clicking on the main Help menu in each program once and select: 'Amazon Test'
To check that setting goto: Preferences > Sites > Amazon Settings - Now choose your preferred 'Amazon Web Services Settings' country and then click 'Sign Up'

Remember also you can drag up & down within the Sites panel your search order of preference. Also you can manually select search sites from the 'Add' panel by clicking on the magnifying glass and select either 'All' or an individual search site. Similarly you can update your entry from the right click context menu and choosing 'Update from' > choose your site

Hope these Tips solve your problem.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you Midori. It's BOL NL, returning results for any search. I have fixed it and will be out soon, but already included in the beta version.
Midori
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Midori »

Ah, yes, I see now it's much higher in the list that it should. Thank you so much for always being quick to answer and help.
BigJRF
Inductee
Inductee

Post by BigJRF »

Hello,
I really need some support on this topic as I can no longer access amazon and this just happened with the latest update :(
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

I think this is a slightly different issue, but do make sure to download the [url=https://bruji.com/beta/bookpedia.zip]beta version[/url and hold down the option key and click on the help menu and make sure that "Amazon Test" has a check mark next to it. If that fails to resolve it, do email me with specific searches that are failing.