Why i will never miss Delicious Library again

What other people think of us.
Schalk

Why i will never miss Delicious Library again

Post by Schalk »

To all the new Users: Why i will never miss Delicious Library again :D

Quite some time ago i left a quite harsh comment here and because much changed since then i want to updat this :wink: . Well i still think that it is a bit of a shock if you switch from Delicious Library to DVDpedia but now, since i learned much more about its „hidden“ features, i think it is the much much better Software then DL ever was :lol: !!!!
So with this Post i want to explain to new switchers/users why i changed my mind and why you should not give up on DVDpedia after the shock that the berecode-scanning feature isnt nearly as great as in DL.
Well the answer is simple. You have here so much more possibilties and you can even create new/own categorys and values!!!!!!! As exemples i made the catagory 4K UHD myself plus a rating System for HDR and i can choose which HDR a Film has (10, 10+ or Dolby Vision)!!!! This is so fantastic and i cant even describe how happy this made me!!!!!!!

Yes it is more work to get a Movie into this Database but then you have so much more possibilities that it is worth the extra work!

Here a guide how i do it (Maybe everybody is laughing now but thats how it works for me ;) ):
-First i have a Browserwindow with 2 Tabs ready, one with the IMDB website and the other with Amazon.
-Then i search the Title on IMDB. Then when i found it i copy the IMDB Numbre which appears in the URL Adress.
-Then im adding a new item in DVDpedia with the „+“ Button and paste the IMDB numbre ito the appearing Field. Then press enter...A Window with the Film and the values from IMDB appears.
-Now im completing all the for me important Informations. And thats why i have the Amazon window ready, because from there i take all the Infos (and Cover) i need! :)

Also as said before here you have so much more possibilities and when your collection is growing it makes you so proud to browsing throu it and also showing it to your friends with the DVDpedia App! :D

Here a few important Tipps: As soon as you have created a new Movie i adwise you to save it immediatly and then complete the rest of the Informations because it can happen that you close the window or having a crash and then you loose all the information you have already put into the new Film!!!
Customize the Information Fields! At the beginning you have to many Fields which make you searching all the time. In the preferences you can select that only the Infos you need appear when you make a new Movie!
Dont forget to save your Database!!!!! Make every Month a Back Up because you will never want to loose all the hard work you’ve put into this Database!!!!
Also dont forget first to imoprt your DL Datas into DVDpedia so that you dont have to start from scratch ;-)

Also a little critic to DVDpedia :P :
Your really should make a nice layouted Flyer (PDF) with a guideline of a recommendet way of useing your Software (With a lot of Pictures!!!). It is very important that switchers dont feel left alone with this new layout and tons of features of using DVDpedia. It really can confuse in the beginning...
I also recommend you to overwork the Look/Layout of the software and maybe even simplyfy the layout (without killing any features!!!!!!) so that the people are really give DVDpedia a shot and then later find out what makes DVDpedia so fantastic! See when i was looking for a replacement of DL i couldnt really decide because all alternatives looked to technical and ugly!!! So you really should make DVDpedia stand out of the rest also viaualy by giving it a new paint and help the switchers and also the completly new users how to use DVDpedia!!! 8)

But i also want to thank you here so much for your fantastic Software and im looking forward to new releases!!!! :D
Last edited by Schalk on Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: Why i will never miss Delicious Library again

Post by FineWine »

Thanks for your fabulous comments and helpful usage tips and great suggestions for possible future enhancements to the Pedia's for which I have answered some, in your other post in the Future Request forum - My wishlist for new features
Conor and team love feed back as we all do.