IMDb not grabbing Tag data

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
FineWine
Site Admin

IMDb not grabbing Tag data

Post by FineWine »

Just noticed that IMDb plug-in is not grabbing the Tag data. By this I mean the first 5 MAIN tags shown on the website. Then perhaps add the '*** More' Tag as a hot link to all the other tags. This being necessary as some of these Tag lists can become quite long. The first 5 Tags displayed on the front site page are actually the most relevant Tags.

I rely on this data as IMDb has limited Genre categories so you need these Tag's to narrow down movie subjects.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: IMDb not grabbing Tag data

Post by Conor »

Updated to include the 5 main tags in the main IMDb results page. I had not noticed it as I have "Plot Keywords" enabled in the IMDb plugin settings and hence get the entire large list of tags from the full information page.

Did not add a hot link as clicking on the title or command-shift-I will always bring up the original IMDb page, so there is already plenty of options to go to the source. It will require one more click for the full tags there as you end up at the main page, but not sure who useful a hot link would be as those really into the tags will have those downloaded.

DVDpedia Beta 221
sitenoise
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sitenoise »

I didn't used to get "Tags" from IMDb, which was good because a lot of them are stupid and all of them useless to me. I use my own tags for Smart Collections and grouping things on things that are important to me. Now I'm getting Tags from IMDb (like from TMDB) -- I think it started in the last week or two. I don't want them. How can I stop them?
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

Perhaps Conor could add a Switch Tick within Preferences > Sites > IMDb > Drop menu

Yes I know that menu has been designed for Extended Credits - just a suggestion for those who do not want IMDb Tag data and want to use it for their own Tags.
lankysam
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by lankysam »

I am attempting to use "update from IMDb" on an existing title and I freeze and must force quit. This behavior has not changed in months. I am using DVDpedia 6.2.1 beta 223. When I attempt to add a movie and search using imdb from the dropdown and then try adding a found title I (consistently) get the "Could not Save Changes (the database is in memory...)" dialog and must click on Reload to relaunch the app.

What happened? This app has been damn close to perfect for all of the years I've been using it. Yes, I know imdb modified the main web page, but of the nineteen scraping scripts I use (FileMaker) only perhaps two needed more than trivial modifications.

Thanks, Conor, for your time on this, but I will admit to being frustrated.
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

Have a read of this new Topic:

Pedia Maintenance Practices
lankysam
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by lankysam »

I have used AppCleaner to remove caches, plists and all other inessential files. Same problem: when I attempt to Update from IMDb (i.e. , right-clicking on a single movie in the List view) I get a "Updating.. entries from IMDb" progress bar which freezes midway and must force quit.

Yet, when I bring up a single movie (Main tab) and use the gear icon to update from IMDb, fields DO populate; however, saving the results will not work (clicking on "Save" in the Confirmation dialog doesn't do anything. Nor does clicking on "Save" or "Don't Save"). Again I must force quit.

Question: are others successfully updating from IMDb?

Mac OS: 12.1
DVDpedia: 6.2.1 Beta 223

Thank you.
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

Is there anything in the crash logs found here: ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/

If there are please send zip them up and send them to Conor: support@bruji.com

I thought this bug had been fixed.
lankysam
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by lankysam »

Nothing in DiagnosticReports folder.

Thank you.