Amazon import problem

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
riccardor1
Contributor
Contributor

Amazon import problem

Post by riccardor1 »

It seems there is a problem search in Amazon store except US, pedia ( I tried DVD and CD ).
The app from Appstore or the beta, wait the result of the search forever with no results.
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: Amazon import problem

Post by FineWine »

Hi - you say "problem search in Amazon store except US" Please provide which Amazon Store you are attempting to search.

I tried all of the Amazon Stores that DVDpedia supports, including the Italian store which I am presuming is the one you mean, and had no problems. Very quick on my 950/540 Mbps fibre connection.

Also please the install the latest Beta: DVDpedia Version 6.2.0 Beta 220

Amazon could of temporally dropped out. Also please ensure you have enabled the Amazon Test.

Search settings

1 - Hold down the Option key and click on the main Help menu and ensure there is a Tick against Amazon Test
2 - Preferences > Sites Click on Amazon Settings and ensure that Amazon Test Enabled is in the first top line
3 - Ensure all your required sites are Ticked
4 - You can left click, hold and drag up or down on each site to prioritise the search order.
5 - Close Preferences
6 - Click on the Add button on the Toolbar to bring up the Search box
7 - Click on the Magnifying glass twistie and ensure there is a tick against All Now the pedia will search All the sites you have selected in Preferences in the order you arrange them in.

I hope this is of benefit for you :D

Let us know how you get on.
schmieade

Post by schmieade »

Hi,

i have the same problem with the german Amazon store.

I use dvd, cd and book pedia.
JKG

Post by JKG »

Sorry to say, same problem to me with all the Amazons. Normally I use Amazon DE. The import or the device update the entry hangs after 50%.

I also use all the pedias.
riccardor1
Contributor
Contributor

Post by riccardor1 »

it seems the problem is in macOS 12 Monterey
I try with macOS Sierra and the amazon IT search works
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

Please be patient all - Top Dog Conor is aware and is working on the problem. macOS 12 Monterey has created some unforeseen problems.

A program update will be along soon. :D
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you everybody for the information and the files. It's now fixed in all the beta version 222.

MacOS 12 Monterey took away PHP. I was relying on PHP to do the complicated signing of headers for European Amazons and Japan. Without PHP it started crashing/hanging when it couldn't find PHP where it should be. I have rewritten all the singing code on my own and it's in the included beta. I'll do an official release in a few days when the fix is verified and working for all that use Amazon regularly.
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

Thank you Conor :D
riccardor1
Contributor
Contributor

Post by riccardor1 »

Tks it works
wkpna
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by wkpna »

Using DVDpedia 6.2.1 on MacOS Mojave 10.14.6 here.

No Amazon search is working for me other than Amazon US. I added some titles from Amazon UK some 10 days ago and it seemed to be working fine back then.

:(