CDpedia - Apple Music Track Links Broken

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
DanThe
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

CDpedia - Apple Music Track Links Broken

Post by DanThe »

App Store CDpedia Version: 6.2.1
macOS Version: 12.3.1 (21E258)

It would seem that the latest release of macOS (see above) has broken the track links between CDpedia and Apple Music.

I was able to verify this issue on an M1 Mac mini and M1 Pro MacBook Pro.

I know the is an updated version of the app in the works but just wanted to report this to make sure it gets checked before the final release.
DanThe
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: CDpedia - Apple Music Track Links Broken

Post by DanThe »

UPDATE: Opened CDpedia today to do some editing and found that the track links were back so the issues seems to be intermittent and cannot be reproduced at will.

I wonder if others have had this happen as well. :?:
DanThe
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by DanThe »

Lost the track links again this morning so this is definitely random. :(

Then I picked different albums throughout my collection and found that some had complete track links while some had links to only one or two tracks. I think I now know why but I will have to do a test before I jump to any conclusions.
DanThe
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by DanThe »

As a follow up to the testing,I am subscribed to iTunes Match where my ripped music collection is available on any of my Apple devices via Apple Music. So I do not have to download a track to my local storage to play it.

Question. Can CDpedia link to a track in Apple Music regardless if has been downloaded to the local storage or not? In other words can it stream the track from the Apple Music library?