Sync from iPad to Mac

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
Farnaby

Sync from iPad to Mac

Post by Farnaby »

Hi, I changed my Mac and only have a 4 years old back up of my Pocketpedia datas (Book, DVD and CD). But I have an iPad version of Pocketpedia which is up to date. I only used it to sync the iPad Media from the Mac. Now that I'd like to sync the Mac from the iPad, it does not work.What I do :
Go in PocketPedia Ipad
Sync Bookpedia
Message shows asking authorization from Mac Bookpedia
I authorize on the Mac
And nothing happens.
For information about the Mac apps : I copied them from the old Mac to the new and applied the serial numbers for each of them.
Any help would be great !
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: Sync from iPad to Mac

Post by FineWine »

Hi and welcome to these forums.

When you select Sync on your iDevice you are Sync'ing from Mac to iDevice. What you want to do is reverse that. iDevice to Mac. So in this case you need to initiate this from your Mac not your iDevice.

First thing to do is ensure your iDevice is talking to your Mac.

On all your iDevices visit “Settings” and then look for “Pocketpedia”. There will be a "local network” access checkbox make sure it’s checked so that Pocketpedia has access to receive data on the local network. You might have to relaunch Pocketpedia by swiping up in the app picker, that is initiated by swiping up from the bottom edge of the screen.

Now carry out the following:

1 - Connect your iDevice to your Mac
2 - Open Pocketpedia on your iDevice
3 - Ensure you are in the Collections screen as indicated in the left hand column
4 - Open the relevant Pedia on your Mac
5 - On your Mac hold the Option key click on the Help menu and this will open a hidden menu
6 - Select Pocketpedia (NOT Export for Pocketpedia)
7 - Select Import and follow the instructions
8 - Once the Synchronisation and Merging has finished as indicated on your iDevice, then you can close the function selection panel on your Mac
9 - Repeat for each Pedia

This will bring your data base over from your iDevice. Be patient as it may take a while.

Do not Quit the two apps or turn off your Mac or iDevice during this procedure.

Let us know how you get on.
Farnaby

Re: Sync from iPad to Mac

Post by Farnaby »

It worked !

Thank you very very much !

F