iSight hangs Bookpedia

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
thebigfox

iSight hangs Bookpedia

Post by thebigfox »

Hello,
I'm using Bookpedia 6.2.1 on a Macbook Pro (2018) with MacOS 12.6.1.

Almost every time I add a book using iSight, the program hangs in a way I can only force quit it and the restart. The following time (with exceptions where I have to force quit more than once) I am able to add the book.

I went through some past posts on here where I saw a suggestion to reinstall the program, so I completely uninstalled it (using AppCleaner), reinstalled it and then moved back the Application Support folder from a backup with no success so far.

Is there anything else I may try?

Thanks a lot,
Antonio
Conor
Top Dog

Re: iSight hangs Bookpedia

Post by Conor »

Hi Antonio,

Thank you for the feedback with the iSight scanning. Specially for giving me al the details including the hardware that makes a big difference when it comes to iSight issues. Could you send me the crash reports that should be created when you force quit the program.

They are located in

Code: Select all

~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/Bookpedia...
. To open your home Library folder, hold down the option key on your Mac and use the Finder "Go" menu and select the "Library" command. From there you can navigate to Logs...

If there are no logs there, the next time you get a freeze, please use the program called "Activity Monitor". Select Bookpedia from the list of running apps and then on the top bar there is a "Sample Process" option. It will look at Bookpedia and create a report on what it got stuck on, that might let me track down the bug.

Kind regards,
Conor
thebigfox

Post by thebigfox »

Dear Conor,
I just sent it over to support@bruji.com.

Please let me know if you need further information.

Kindest regards,
Antonio
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you
thebigfox

Post by thebigfox »

Just touching base to see if there is any update on this.

Many thanks,
Antonio