No syncing to pocketpedia!

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
inthemood
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

No syncing to pocketpedia!

Post by inthemood »

Hi,
With the latest beta, and for some time now,I haven't been able to sync from DVDpedia to Pocketpedia. I get the "Pocketpedia is trying to synchronize data for the first time. Allow the connection?" on my mac. I click "Allow" and then nothing happens… Any ideas?
Thank you.
Greetings.
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: No syncing to pocketpedia!

Post by FineWine »

This is a known problem. But please have a read here: pocketpedia syncing only one collection at a time
inthemood
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by inthemood »

Thank you Finewine, but I initiated that thread. I was just trying again hoping that someone might have a solution to that problem.
Greetings.
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

Oops :oops: that’s what happens when you answer threads straight out of bed before the morning coffee fix :oops:
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

New version released today: DVDpedia 6.2.1 beta 244
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

New version released: DVDpedia 6.2.1 beta 245

please let us all know if your problem has been solved.
inthemood
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by inthemood »

Thank you, but still no syncing to pocketpedia :(
Greetings.
inthemood
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Syncing to pocketpedia

Post by inthemood »

Hi,
For some time now I haven’t been able to sync from DVDPedia (latest beta - 247 - and mac os x 10.15.7) to PocketPedia (iOS 15.7.1). I have mentioned it on the forum and maybe even to the support a while ago, but no solution has been offered. Does anyboy have any idea on what I could do to fix this issue (am I the only one having it?)
Greetings.
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

I have moved your post to this topic which you originally started anyway. Please do not keep starting new Topics for the same issue, that solves nothing.

Moving on - Sorry to hear that you are still having problems. It must be noted that no one else is reporting this issue so it suggests it is an edge case pertinent to you only.

I can only suggest that you back up your databases, which you should be doing anyways as good computer practice, and DELETE TOTALLY your desktop pedia's and your iDevice pedia. Reboot both your mac and iDevice after deletion.

I achieve this on my mac by using a FREE program called AppCleaner which you can download from here. On using this App place a check mark IN ALL the boxes EXCEPT: [pedia name] ~/Library/Application Support/********pedia , which is the second line down from the top. This is where your data base is located. Ensure that is NOT ticked.

Redownload your pedia's from the beta site (https://bruji.com/beta/) and redownload Pocketpedia from the App store.

On all your iDevices visit “Settings” and then look for “Pocketpedia”. There will be a "local network” access checkbox make sure it’s checked so that Pocketpedia has access to receive data on the local network. You might have to relaunch Pocketpedia by swiping up in the app picker, that is initiated by swiping up from the bottom edge of the screen.

Resync your pedia's to Pocketpedia.

Now for the drastic measures.

Renewing your DHCP IP WiFi addresses:

1 - Reboot your Home Network Router/modem
2 - Cold reboot your mac
3 - On your mac goto System Preferences > Network > Select your WiFi Network in left column > click Advance > select TCP/IP tab > click Renew DHCP Lease.

On your iDevice OS 15 or later, tap Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

These actions will reset your Local Area Network WiFi addresses.

Please make sure your iDevice is on EXACTLY the same WiFi Local Area Network as your mac.

Resync your pedia's to Pocketpedia.

Cheers
inthemood
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by inthemood »

Thank you Finewine and sorry for the extra topic (desperation…). I already did all the moves you're suggesting, following a previous advice you gave me, to no avail. I will try again… Happy new year.
inthemood
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by inthemood »

Tried everything. Still no syncing to pocketpedia from DVDpedia…

Greetings.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Are you running Ventura?

Could you please have a look at your console log, see if there are any messages from DVDpedia? You can access the console log via the application 'Console', located inside your Applications/Utilities. The newer messages are towards the end of the log or you can filter the log at the top right for DVDpedia.

Kind regards,
Conor
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

Updates out today for:
DVDpedia to version 6.2.1 Beta 250
Bookpedia to version 6.2.1 Beta 250
CDpedia to version 6.2.1 Beta 240

This hopefully fixes the Ventura sync'ing issues. Please let us ALL KNOW.
inthemood
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by inthemood »

Hi,
I forgot to mention that I am running Catalina on my mac (the most recent os possible for my 2012 macbook pro.
Still no sync possible to pocketpedia, even with the latest update.
Kind regards.