DVDpedia: Can't sign into Amazon Associates Account

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
drbarrys

DVDpedia: Can't sign into Amazon Associates Account

Post by drbarrys »

Hello,

I am running beta version DVDPedia 6.2.1 build 251 on MACOS Ventura beta 13.4 (22F66)

I have lost access to Amazon API. My keys have worked just fine until I had to reinstall my OS (from a Time Machine backup) due to a motherboard failure.

When I try to sign in with my keys, I get this message:

"Then request has not been correctly signed. If you are using an AWS SDK, requests are signed for you"

Does anyone know what this means and how to correct it?

Thanks!
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: DVDpedia: Can't sign into Amazon Associates Account

Post by FineWine »

Hi and welcome to these forums.

All the desktop pedia's have a built-in pedia AWS facility: Hold the Opt key whilst clicking on the Help menu and ensure there is a Tick next to Amazon Test, if not just click on it. Now goto Preferences > Sites > Amazon Settings and the Access Key: field should read Amazon Test Enabled. Now click the blue Sign Up button.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Another user in Spain had trouble with the API signing. Nothing should have changed, but I shall take a look as I do think Ventura might have updated the way it handles some of the algorithms when creating the initial signature.
riccardor1
Contributor
Contributor

Post by riccardor1 »

I Confirm the Amazon problem, I collect the last DVD info 18th may , after this date DVDpedia (CDpedia too) can't find anything from any Amazon sites , US too.
riccardor1
Contributor
Contributor

Post by riccardor1 »

update in Amazon US and CA now it find the tiltle
drbarrys

Post by drbarrys »

Hi!

I wanted to give an update that I was finally able to get Amazon to work again (by searching UPC #) by doing a complete de-install and re-installing the latest production version. I also ended up creating a new KEY as well.

I did see another post that other users are having issues with Amazon too. I was attributing my issue to the fact that I had used a Time Machine back up....but perhaps not so.

Unfortunately now there seems to be an IMBD tag issue -- but I will create another post if I cannot it to work. Thanks!