Ventura & BookPedia Preferences

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
Wyando

Ventura & BookPedia Preferences

Post by Wyando »

After I didn't get an answer from support directly (and I do know why now - it was send I guess just before the natural catastrophe they got in unfortuanately), I wonder if someone can help.

I was using bookpedia 6.2.1 on my iMac late 2013 with still (for other reasons) on macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

I was able to move my bookpedia to my new Mac Studio with Ventura (latest). I tried several methods to move (I don't migrate from my old system, but work with a clean install - I do this whenever I get new hardware).

At first sight, bookpedia has been copied correctly. All books and covers are in the new system.
However, when I call the detail page of a book (the one with "Main", "Extra", "Selling" and "Links"), especially the first 3 are messed up, meaning not the same layout as before. Now this layout is mainly defined by bookpedia's "Preferences" in particular the "fields" section, and it seems that this has not been properly copied from old to the new computer.
AFAIK everthing regarding bookpedia is saved in Application Support/bookpedia, but I wonder if the preferences is stored somewhere else?

I still have the old iMac operational, so I could manually restore everything (I hope), but I wonder if anyone has had the same problem and might tell what I've missed...

Thanks in advance!
Wy
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: Ventura & BookPedia Preferences

Post by FineWine »

Welcome to these forums :D

Did reading Pedia Maintenance Practices solve your problems ?
Wyando

Post by Wyando »

FineWine wrote:Welcome to these forums :D

Did reading Pedia Maintenance Practices solve your problems ?
Yes, it did. I wanted to delete my post but it wasn't visible. This post should be directly visible in the forum overview, I really missed it twice and found it by random checking other posts... ;)

PS. Also, it seems my old account disappeared so I had to create a new one. (Sure I haven't used it for several years, still. Pretty sure I had posted back those days in the forum too...)
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

Pleased all is going again.

Re your previous registration, a purge was done during the whole website make over prior to COVID.